x
mantis

I have NO create Labels tab on my inventory page under ACTIONS what have I done wrong

Hello.

I just got off the phone with SQUARE support.

I have the same issue. I donèt have the print ACTION in my dropdown.

Now here ist frustrating part.

I am told that this function is not available in Canada. WHAT????!!!!!

They are selling the SQUARE retail system with this feature.

I feel frustrated and ripped off.

I am way over my 30 days I bought the whole package.

They have to povide this information on their website before people going to buy their products.

That has areally bitter taste.

Sorry SQUARE.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Setherson03

Re: I have NO create Labels tab on my inventory page under ACTIONS what have I done wrong

As with many technology companies that are based in the US, their Canadian divisions really lag behind in features and support. Square seems to have a major problem keeping their selling experience symmetrical between the US and Canada and they expect you to read their articles very carefully and ensure that you are on their Canadian website as you do so. I hope that as their customer base in Canada grows, their support for Canadian business does too.

Message 2 of 4
Admin

Re: I have NO create Labels tab on my inventory page under ACTIONS what have I done wrong

@Setherson03

We are working toward a more global realization of all of our products. New markets and different countries do have regulations and roll out's that will happen at different times than our US products. It does not mean that we're trying to provide a different expereince or keep you from having a positive expereince in other countries.

If you have specific things that you'd like to see to make sure the support materials are more clearly for CA and not the US - please let us know. This feedback helps us make it better for you in the future.

Message 3 of 4
roofdaddys

I bet there are tons of regulations around printing labels, and I'm sure they vary widely from country to country. Some places probably even insist that the labels are printed in their official language...

I had trouble containing my incredulity when the poor script-bound support agent told me that labels were currently only available for Square's American customers.

If you want to manage the situation yourself, since like many of us you're probably stuck with the beautiful Terminal they seamlessly sold you, I suggest you take advantage of one of the numerous third party software options available. You'll have to learn a little bit how to use them, but they're not overly complex, they're inexpensive and Square can store an associated SKU in every Item and variation. With a simple spreadsheet you can cut and paste your items' info quite quickly if you're logged into the Dashboard on your computer. Pair up your barcode scanner and you're ready to process all your impatient customers.

If that's too much hassle, it's not all bad news for us complicated Canadians. If it only takes them half as long to 'globally realize' us the 'positive experience' of printing these elusive adhesive labels as it did to 'globally realize' chip and pin Interac, we'll only have to wait around two more years. 

In the meantime, I suggest a laptop and a Dymo 450

Cheers.

Message 4 of 4