x

I need in-Square order notification pop ups back in my life!

I need in-Square order notification pop ups back in my life!

HELP! The newish update to Square has taken effect for us, and the move to using the subtle banner-style notification at the top of the screen out of the way that disappears on its own - rather than the front + centre pop-up within Square that required my staff to actually action - means that my staff are missing new orders and we have to constantly dig down to check to see what orders they've missed printing, actioning and marking as in progress. Meaning, we've missed fulfilling orders because of this and are getting some frustrated customers and a risk to our rep. I really hate this new feature and really want to have the option to go back to the old way. I know some people prefer not getting interrupted with new order notifications, but can we at least have the choice? Please? Even during peak hours while helping a customer, our staff can and have been able handle tapping a view > print > mark as in progress series of prompts while they're chatting. Thanks!

0 Likes
5 Comments
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Madame_and_Yves,

Thank you for writing in and sharing this feedback regarding orders in the new app layout! 

As a workaround, you can revert back to the previous app layout by tapping on More > Settings > Checkout > Revert to previous experience. 

We appreciate you taking the time to let us know that you prefer a more action oriented order notification, and we'll pass this suggestion onto our product team. 

Thanks for the reply Arie! I did try switching back to the previous experience but the notification preview is still doing that top of screen minimal style banner?

Thanks for giving this a try, @Madame_and_Yves, it looks like this was actually changed across both apps. I'm sorry for giving bad advice here, and that this wasn't reverted back to the previous pop up! 

Is there any possible way at all we can get this option to the previous actionable in-Square pop up asap? The Christmas ordering season will kill us if it stays like this.

Unfortunately, this isn't something we can turn on from our end @Madame_and_Yves, but we've raised this feedback with our team. I understand your concerns, and will keep you updated!