x

If I delete an employee will the associated customer history data be lost?

If I delete an employee will the associated customer history data be lost?

About a year ago, I was changing employees listed on my Square account and when I deleted an employee to add a new one, the entire history of any client who's first appointment was associated with that employee got deleted also.

Has this bug been updated? In the customer file, will I still have record of scheduled appointments with employees if the employees are deleted?

0 Likes
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: If I delete an employee will the associated customer history data be lost?

Hello @AWholeNewYou

Currently this is still a feature request for Appointments. It's not on our road map currently, but I've gone ahead and moved your thread to the feature request board. This way other sellers can chime in if they want this feature as well! 

If you have any other questions please feel free to reach out to me. 🙂

9 Comments

Hello @AWholeNewYou

Currently this is still a feature request for Appointments. It's not on our road map currently, but I've gone ahead and moved your thread to the feature request board. This way other sellers can chime in if they want this feature as well! 

If you have any other questions please feel free to reach out to me. 🙂

Good Lord!  That's ridiculous!  Customer history should be tied to the CUSTOMER, not the employee!  This is a basic feature that should be built into your system, not a "bug" that "isn't on your roadmap". 

What is the status of this?  Do I have to continue to pay square to maintain employees that are no longer with me so that I can retain customer history?  I just hired an employee which takes me above 5...and I'm afraid to make the employee that left inactive because I don't want to lose customer history.

Square Community Moderator

Hi @scootsch,

No update on this to give at this time but if this does get changed, we'll be sure to update the thread.

I also have the same problem.  Did Square fix this yet?

Appointment history should be tied to Client not employee!

I am keeping old employees and paying for it monthly unnecessarily!

Is Square doing this on purpose so we can pay for the higher brackets for # of employees?

Beta Member

We use the Square Appointments app on iPad.

In the past, one of our employees (a service provider) quit and upon us deactivating her in the Dashboard, our schedulers are now unable to see all of her previous appointment dates and notes in the Square Appointments app on iPad.

1. Is there a way to make this data visible to our schedulers on the Square Appointments app on iPad?

2. We need to deactivate another service provider, and would like to avoid this issue if possible, what steps do we take to ensure their Appointment history stays available on the Square Appointments app on iPad? (We're aware that you can get this info on the Dashboard, and that is not a resolution to this issue.)

Thanks

Square Community Moderator

Hey @BradSC,

I moved your post to an existing thread where another seller had the same question.

This would be a feature request still at this time. We'll update the thread if anything changes!

Beta Member

Thanks for helping keep things organized.

Do I need to submit a feature request, or have you already done so on my behalf? I'll happily do so, if needed.

can i delete the employee in payroll and still keep the appointment info if i leave the employee 'active'?