x

Invoices - Set up an invoice to have optional items or a levy / tips / donations

I would like to setup up an invoice with a set payment fee as well as give the member the option to pay a fundraising levy.

Is this something that can be done on square invoices?

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

@pjdlugi I have some news here!

After looking into your comment I noted that the ability to turn on/off adding a tip to an invoice was currently a feature in the US but not in Australia.

I inquired further with one of our product managers as to why this may be the case, and whether or not we could turn it on for Australian sellers. It was decided that while tipping culture is not as prevalent in Australia as it is in the US, there was no reason that we should not give Australian sellers the option to utilise this feature if they wanted to.

You can now turn on tipping in invoices! Go to your Invoice Settings on Square Dashboard, scroll down to 'Payment Settings' and tick 'Allow Customer to add a tip' then 'Save' to turn on the feature!

Seamus
Community Manager, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Hey @pjdlugi, thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the community!

I took a look and this doesn't seem possible at the moment unfortunately. I can definitely see the benefit of having this feature though - whether it'd be to upsell on other optional items or pay a voluntary levy, donation or tip.

I've moved this to our feature requests board for further tracking.

Seamus
Message 2 of 3
Admin

Best Answer

@pjdlugi I have some news here!

After looking into your comment I noted that the ability to turn on/off adding a tip to an invoice was currently a feature in the US but not in Australia.

I inquired further with one of our product managers as to why this may be the case, and whether or not we could turn it on for Australian sellers. It was decided that while tipping culture is not as prevalent in Australia as it is in the US, there was no reason that we should not give Australian sellers the option to utilise this feature if they wanted to.

You can now turn on tipping in invoices! Go to your Invoice Settings on Square Dashboard, scroll down to 'Payment Settings' and tick 'Allow Customer to add a tip' then 'Save' to turn on the feature!

Seamus

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 3