x

Is the new Square Register available in Canada?

Is the new Square Register available in Canada?

Message 1 of 43
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey everyone! Michelle here from the Beta Team - I'm happy to announce that Square Register is available for purchase in Canada as of yesterday! See our product announcement here for more info.

Michelle (she/her)
Senior Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage

View Best Answer >

Message 43 of 43
42 REPLIES 42

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Customer Display 

I am just wondering if there is any infection of customer display option will be available in Canada? If so when? Thank you!

Message 22 of 43
Admin

Hi again @DanaB! I don't have an update on when the Square Register with customer facing display will be available in Canada. We'll certainly let you know when it is available! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 23 of 43
Beta Member

I'm just in the process of switching to square. I didn't realize that there is no costumer facing display and keypad terminal.  Especially now with plexiglass shields between my sales staff and customers we need a solution to offer a save transaction procedure!  We need the register asap!

Message 24 of 43

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Will the Square Register be available in Canada?  If so, any idea when?

Looking to purchase a Square system and really like the customer interface with the Register, but it does not appear to be available in Canada?  WIll it ever be?  If so, when?  I would hate to purchase the stand system then switch...

Message 25 of 43

Hi @CGC134!

Unfortunately there's not a timeline I can give on when it'll be available in Canada. 

You can keep up to date on the Square Canada by subscribing to our Product Updates board and by following Square on social media (Twitter/Facebook) as new hardware is typically announced there. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 26 of 43

Just wondering if there are any updates on square register being available in Canada

thanks 

Message 27 of 43

Hey there @DanaB

Thank you for circling back on this question. I don't have a timeline on when this would be released to the Canadian market. Be on the lookout for our Product Updates for upcoming launches. 

I moved your post over to a thread with a similar topic! 

Kassi
Message 28 of 43
Beta Member

Hello,

I am wondering if Square Register is available in Canada yet?

Thanks.

Message 29 of 43

Hiya @CinDenRx,

It's still not available in Canada at this time but we'll be sure to update the threads if it ever does become available there!

Keep an eye out on the Shop and your emails as we typically announce new releases there first.

Ashley C
Message 30 of 43
Beta Member

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Square Register in Canada?

Any updates about when the Square Register will be available in Canada? I would really like to purchase this instead of a new iPad.

Message 31 of 43

Hi there, @greenbelt 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! Happy to see new faces around here. Welcome!

Update 2021: Square Register is now available in Canada. Check out our Square Register Product Update to learn more! 

Joe
Message 32 of 43

Hi! I am a square user in Canada and I too would like to have a customer facing display. What’s it going to take to have that happen Square? 
thanks!

Message 33 of 43

When is this coming! People need it now! It's been available in the US for years! Why can't we have it!

Message 34 of 43
Beta Member

Hi There,

Does someone got tip on the release date for the register un Canada?

Message 35 of 43
Beta Member

Just wanted to check in to see if there is an updated ETA.

Message 36 of 43
Beta Member

Adding my request to the list... hopefully the more people that request the sooner it will be available in Canada. Would be great to have for the tourist season which is NOW!

Message 37 of 43

When will the square register be available in Canada?  The only reason for the register is to be able to allow the customer to interact with the reader to get tips?  We either have to ask if the customer wants to leave a tip or hand them our POS. This is very time consuming and I believe unprofessional. 
I am able to create a customer display using another iPad but it only states the sale it does not allow the customer to interact with it.  
This has been an ongoing request for a few years now and it should be addressed 

Thanks Square

Message 38 of 43
Super Seller

agreed

Message 39 of 43
Super Seller

We really need the square full register to be available in Canada.

Message 40 of 43

If I bought the Square Register in the USA, would it work here in Canada when I brought it home?

Message 41 of 43
Super Seller

No it will not. USA is different 

Message 42 of 43