x

Is the new Square Register available in Canada?

Is the new Square Register available in Canada?

Message 1 of 43
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey everyone! Michelle here from the Beta Team - I'm happy to announce that Square Register is available for purchase in Canada as of yesterday! See our product announcement here for more info.

Michelle (she/her)
Senior Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage

View Best Answer >

Message 43 of 43
42 REPLIES 42
Alumni

Hi @DCMuseum, the Register is not available in Canada yet, but I will let the team know about your interest! 

Message 2 of 43

I wonder, back in 2017 you guys already said will let your team know about our interest. It is 2020 and still the same reply to Canada's customer. 

The most attractive feature of the Square Register would probably be the customer-facing display. 

Other than the Square Register, I suggest to produce an individual unit (via bluetooth, wifi or USB) to connect to the hub/tablet, so the customer can see what's in their order and the total.  It will help a lot.

Also, the HUB is limited to 3 USB devices, which should have a 5 or 6 USB options to extend the wider usage in other devices. (e.g. Charging option for the touchless pad).  

Hope you guys really listen and take some action. Have a nice day!

Message 3 of 43

Agreed. What’s taking so long?

We need a good solution for customer facing displays. Sharing our iPad is not a good solution.

Message 4 of 43
Beta Member

Do we have an availability date for:

Square Register - Need a customer-facing screen, as turning the Square stand has mangled the cords and now we keep having to buy a new cord package for each Register - we now have 3!

Square Restaurant - Need to build tables so that servers can choose a table and seat at that table - or assign a name of a person, then enter their phone number to see if they are an existing client or not - and if not, create a new customer record - all for COVID tracing logs that are required by the government.

We are in desperate need for both!!!

Please advise. Thanks!

James Wilkinson
Message 5 of 43

Update (2021)Square for Restaurants and Square Register are now available in Canada! Read our Square for Restaurants Product Update and our Square Register Product Update to learn more!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 43
Beta Member

Thanks for the info Joe. I'm still confused why, after over three years, that Register and Restaurant are not available in Canada. Super-frustrating. We are constantly having to look to 3rd party solution apps, to do directly in Square what used in the US and the UK are already doing... 😞

James Wilkinson
Message 7 of 43

Hi, I am also interested in the Square Register. A separate customer facing display with an integrated pinpad is definitely the best solution. Please also make it compatible with Star Micronics MPOP cash drawer-receipt printer. That'd be great.

Message 8 of 43

Thanks for sharing your interest in this as well @sunnyandzero

I don't have anything new to report around this, but if anything changes we'll definitely announce it 👍🏼

Message 9 of 43

Just looked at the new Square Register (USA) and it does look like it is a great system. Would love the opportunity to help test/verify in Canada!

Message 10 of 43
Admin

I'll share interest in testing the new Square Register with the appropriate team, thank you! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 11 of 43

Would the new system work in Canada if setup here?  Really would like to have it in Canada (client facing part is key)

Message 12 of 43
Alumni

Hey @hunter423 - Unfortunately, the Square Register will not work within Canada. It will give a location error if it is outside of the US that cannot be bypassed. We'll definitely make sure to announce if it does become available within Canada though! 

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 13 of 43

Any news about when will square register in Canada? Really hope to use this stunning system. Thanks. 

Message 14 of 43
Alumni

Hey @Noahyuyan - No updates to share at this time, unfortunately. We'll make sure to announce once Square Register is available in Canada.

Puka - She/They
Message 15 of 43

Any idea on when the Square Register is available in Canada?

Message 16 of 43
Alumni

Hey @danssports - Unfortunately, we're unable to share any timelines regarding this, but we'll make sure to announce if that changes down the line.

Puka - She/They
Message 17 of 43

what about now? any updates?

Message 18 of 43
Admin

Not yet @JP5. We'll post in this thread to let you know if the Register is available in Canada in future! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 19 of 43

Hi there! Is there any upcoming update regarding the possibility to one day have square register option in canada? Or at very least a system where people can pay debit card with a **bleep**...?

We love square but these limitation really start to hitch.

We might start thinking of switching for another provider if this square thing doesnt evolve. The POS software is great, the payment material? it really is another thing. Please step up your game square!

Message 20 of 43
Admin

Thanks for checking in. The Square Register isn't available in Canada yet but when it is we'll update everyone in this post to let you all know.

I'm sorry that there are current payment limitations in Canada, I know it's frustrating. We definitely want you to be able to accept more payment methods, not fewer, but I don't have an update to share at this time. If anything changes on that front we'll post here to share the news. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 21 of 43