x

Is there a report for Open Tickets on the Dashboard?

Is there a way to run a report on the dashboard for a total amount of money owed on current open tickets?

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Square

Hi @toolbox. While we don't currently offer any sort of open ticket reporting from the Dashboard (or app for that matter), I'd love to hear more about how this feature would benefit your business. Do you often keep many tickets open for long periods of time? Thanks! 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 2 of 19

I was wondering the same thing about open tickets. I run corporate cafeterias and need to have tickets open for a week. At the end of the week the reports are run and the customer is sent an invoice. It would be helpful if the open tickets could be seen from my dashboard so that those sales could be included in the daily sales reports and items sold could be better monitored.

Message 3 of 19
Square

@lynn1 - Thanks a ton for sharing more details about your workflow. It definitely sounds like this would be a useful feature for your business. I'll be sure to pass along the suggestion. For more details on the feature request process, I'd suggest checking out this thread

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 4 of 19

Old thread but I'll add to it.

It would be useful to add a line to the sale report that showed to sum of the open tickets and add this to the total sales.

With our old POS system we had this and used total sales as a measure of how the business was going and adjusted things like staff number etc.

Currently the restaurant could be fill with small total sales. Only by looking at the open tickets and having a quick add in the head do you get a feel for things.

Message 5 of 19
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for sharing @allanw

An open tickets line on the sales report would be useful for these examples. 

If anything changes we'll be sure to check back in and update you all. 

Message 6 of 19

An open tickets report would be good for our small family-owned business in which I was hoping to use tickets for "family accounts" or running tabs for each owner.

Message 7 of 19
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for sharing your specific use case for this @Edds

I've heard a few sellers mention a similar need. 

Keep an eye out for updates. 

Message 8 of 19

With our previous POS we used the total for open tickets to process tips on those tabs during shift changes.  We also use it too see how busy our taproom is when we are away.  Even if it's not on a report or dashboard, just having the total on the open tickets screen would be a big help.

Message 9 of 19

I thought I'd add my business to this list instead of starting a new thread.

We are a campground and run open tickets for all our regular guests.  Some stay for a week or two and pay off their ticket when they check out.

OR

We have a 3 day holiday weekend.  Most folks will check out on Sunday or Monday, however we always have a handful that stay until Tuesday or Wednesday to avoid driving home in traffic.  Trying to guage the weekends sales on Monday afternoon from the dashboard is tough when you have 5-8 open tickets.

Please consider this functionality.  Thank you very much.  

Message 10 of 19

Hello @Walters_Camp, I just want to start off by saying thank you for commenting on this thread, rather than starting a new one. It really helps with keeping the feedback and requests in one place. Which makes it easier to track. 🙂

While I don't have an update on when this report might be available, I will definitely flag your comment to our Reports Team! 

If you have any questions please let me know! 

Message 11 of 19

I was looking at this thread and noticed it was started 2 years ago. Square employees have replied many times to keep an eye open for updates to include open tickets on the dashboard, but it's still not available. It doesn't make sense to me why I can see open tickets on the mobile devices, but not run an open ticket report from my pc login. When is this going to be fixed? Is it any closer to being added in as a feature? It will be VERY helpful to our business. Thanks

Message 12 of 19
Alumni

Hi @BMRR - This is currently still a feature request, but our Dashboard team is actively receiving the feedback within this thread. We'll make sure to announce if there are any updates. In the meantime, you can check out what brings a feature request to life.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 13 of 19

Hey man, yeah I'm realizing that this is an essential feature for our company to have as well; and still no support for it yet.

We also need to be able to view the Ticket order numbers remotely on our Dashboard for our POS/Cash Box/iPad Stand(s).

If we are only able to access the text string in the "Order Ticket Name" from the Square App, we will still have to adopt a manual hard-copy receipt process of notifying our billing department the patient that the payment was applied to.

Message 14 of 19

Sean,

Open Tickets is my biggest problem with Square. We are a cafe and event space. Sometimes we hire extras for the bar for big events. Open Tickets is a great opportunity for employee theft. I have still not figured out a way to prevent this other than to shut down Open Tickets, which is not good for business. An employee can open a ticket and later delete it without leaving a trace. It's very easy for them to collect the money and put it in their pockets.

As far as I can tell, this problem remains in Square for Restaurants. I want to upgrade my POS system. In fact, I have wanted to upgrade for some time now, but I keep trying to figure out ways to solve this Open Ticket problem. I would prefer to stay with Square if this problem could be solved. But I have Toast coming in to give me a demonstration on Friday.

Can you either tell me how to solve this problem or confirm for me that this problem is not solveable with Square at this time? Thanks

Melissa

Message 15 of 19
Admin

Hi @melissa2, I'm really sorry to hear this is happening. Are you using Employee Management? With that feature you can de-select a permission called Delete or Void items in Open Tickets for these new temporary employees. Without that permisson, those employees will not be able to comp or void (i.e. delete) an open ticket without a manager passcode. If you're not subscribed to Employee Management you could use Guest Mode instead.

I'm sure you have additional questions as you're considering upgrading so feel free to start a new thread if you have any other questions. You could also give our CS team a call and they'll be happy to help! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 16 of 19

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Report by Ticket Name

I have my Square system setup using Open Tickets and leveraging Ticket Groups as a way to designate where in my store items are being sold.  But I cannot run a report by Ticket Name.

How do I run a report by Ticket Name?

Message 17 of 19
Admin

Hi @Marketplace! I'm sorry for the confusion, there isn't a report by Ticket Name yet but this a request we're tracking in this thread.

In the meantime, if you're accepting payments in different parts of your store you could track payments by device. Or, if you subscribe to Employee Management you could track sales by employee

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 18 of 19

Hi,

I am also looking for this report... 05/2021 and still nothing.. Can you please confirm you still haven't a report for the open tickets?

Message 19 of 19