x
toolbox

Is there a report for Open Tickets on the Dashboard?

Is there a way to run a report on the dashboard for a total amount of money owed on current open tickets?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Sean Square

Re: Report for Open Tickets on Dashboard

Hi @toolbox. While we don't currently offer any sort of open ticket reporting from the Dashboard (or app for that matter), I'd love to hear more about how this feature would benefit your business. Do you often keep many tickets open for long periods of time? Thanks! 

Message 2 of 18
lynn1

I was wondering the same thing about open tickets. I run corporate cafeterias and need to have tickets open for a week. At the end of the week the reports are run and the customer is sent an invoice. It would be helpful if the open tickets could be seen from my dashboard so that those sales could be included in the daily sales reports and items sold could be better monitored.

Message 3 of 18
Sean Square

@lynn1 - Thanks a ton for sharing more details about your workflow. It definitely sounds like this would be a useful feature for your business. I'll be sure to pass along the suggestion. For more details on the feature request process, I'd suggest checking out this thread

Message 4 of 18
allanw

Old thread but I'll add to it.

It would be useful to add a line to the sale report that showed to sum of the open tickets and add this to the total sales.

With our old POS system we had this and used total sales as a measure of how the business was going and adjusted things like staff number etc.

Currently the restaurant could be fill with small total sales. Only by looking at the open tickets and having a quick add in the head do you get a feel for things.

Message 5 of 18
Admin

Thanks for sharing @allanw

An open tickets line on the sales report would be useful for these examples. 

If anything changes we'll be sure to check back in and update you all. 

Message 6 of 18
Edds

An open tickets report would be good for our small family-owned business in which I was hoping to use tickets for "family accounts" or running tabs for each owner.

Message 7 of 18
Admin

Thanks for sharing your specific use case for this @Edds

I've heard a few sellers mention a similar need. 

Keep an eye out for updates. 

Message 8 of 18
CantonBrewWorks

With our previous POS we used the total for open tickets to process tips on those tabs during shift changes.  We also use it too see how busy our taproom is when we are away.  Even if it's not on a report or dashboard, just having the total on the open tickets screen would be a big help.

Message 9 of 18
Walters_Camp

I thought I'd add my business to this list instead of starting a new thread.

We are a campground and run open tickets for all our regular guests.  Some stay for a week or two and pay off their ticket when they check out.

OR

We have a 3 day holiday weekend.  Most folks will check out on Sunday or Monday, however we always have a handful that stay until Tuesday or Wednesday to avoid driving home in traffic.  Trying to guage the weekends sales on Monday afternoon from the dashboard is tough when you have 5-8 open tickets.

Please consider this functionality.  Thank you very much.  

Message 10 of 18