x

Is there a way to adjust quantity on a saved open ticket?

I'm curious if there is a way to adjust the quantity if I open a ticket that was previously saved.  Case in point...  a customer spends several hours sitting at the bar drinking "several" of the same brand of beer.  I would think I would be able to open his ticket and tap the item on his ticket to be repeated or to adjust the quantity plus 1 for every beer he orders.  It appears that you have to find the item again and add the item again to the open ticket.  A repeat item button would be helpful or the ability to adjust quantities later once the open ticket is saved.  I've had this feature on other POS systems.  Is it not available with Square POS or Register, or have I missed something?

Message 1 of 25
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Is there a way to adjust quantity on a saved open ticket?

Any update?  It has been over a year since you stated you were going to pass this idea along.

24 REPLIES 24
Alumni

Hey @VBGController - Unfortunately, you are correct. There isn't a way to change the quantity of an item once an Open Ticket has been saved. However, I see how this could be helpful for your business so I've moved your post over to our Feature Request board so other Sellers can share feedback on this feature as well.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 2 of 25

Has there been an update to this feature request?   It would be much appreciated and time saving.  

Message 3 of 25
Admin

Hey @Martinilove!

Thanks for bringing attention to this thread. We don't currently have a timeline on when this feature will be available. We really appreciate your patience.

Right now, as a workaround, you’ll need to continue to add additional quantities to the ticket as new items.

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 4 of 25
Beta Member

Just wondering if this feature or time stamps have been considered in any of the Beta program releases that have been going out?

Message 5 of 25

Currently I can't seem to find a way to change the quanity on an open ticket.

We run a bar and people often re-order drinks.  Right now I have to enter in all the details (bar modifications) again since there isn't a re-order function.  Is there a workaround?

Message 6 of 25
Super Seller

currently, there isn't a way to edit the qty on an open ticket and you would have to add a second item on.

Message 7 of 25

I am purplexed by the lack of a basic "repeat" function, but I have yet to find a workaround and it really does slow the bartender down recreating each item when it is ordered again and again by the same patron on a given night.  I've never seen a POS without it.  Hopefully Square will add this feature, as it is an absolute necessity for any bar to function properly with open tickets.

Message 8 of 25
Beta Member

I swear when I first started using open tickets you were able to edit the items. All of a sudden, it's blocked out. I guess I can understand some reasoning behind this, but we often begin orders and are waiting on feedback from the customer to finalize the sale. Then only have the choice to delete the item and start over if something changes. The ability to edit ticket items on an open ticket would be very helpful.

Message 9 of 25
Alumni

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, @crystalimages!

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 10 of 25
Beta Member

Just curious if there's any word on this feature? It would be nice to update an open ticket without deleting the item and adding a new one each time.

Message 11 of 25
Square Community Moderator

Hi again, @crystalimages. This feature request is still in the works, as well. I will make to note to update this thread when there is news to share.

Thanks again for your patience, here. 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 12 of 25

So it looks as though the 1st message on this topic was 2/2019 - and as of 01/2020 there is still not a feature to edit the item quantity to an open ticket??  how long does it take for a simple feature that would be extremely beneficial to many users take? 

Message 13 of 25
Alumni

@tknope

I hear you and understand if you feel this request has fallen on deaf ears given how long it's been asked for. 

The Product Team does their best to prioritize all of our Sellers needs. The reality is some features are easy to implement, while others take some time. 

Nonetheless, we make sure your voice is heard by passing your ideas and feedback through the appropriate channels for consideration. 

Thanks for your patience while we improve the Open Tickets feature. If you want to peek behind the scenes on the life of a feature request, head over to this thread

Justin
Message 14 of 25
Beta Member

With the ability to add a quantity to an existing item on an open ticket, would that include any timestamps?

Message 15 of 25
Alumni

Can you explain how timestamps would be beneficial for your biz with the ability to adjust the item quantity?

An example is appreciated so our product team gets insight on your day to day biz operations. 

@Hideawaysc

Justin
Message 16 of 25
Beta Member

@JustinC Timestamps would help our bartenders be able to see when the last drink was added to the open ticket.  Could help gauge how long it has been since a customer received a beverage or check if the bartender added a drink after serving a customer. It's more of a checks and balances thing. 

Message 17 of 25
Alumni

@Hideawaysc

Ah, thanks for the clarification 🙌 Makes total sense and I see your point. I can certainly pass your idea up to the Product team so they can add it to the back-end of this feature request. 

Keep tabs on this thread for future updates! 

Justin
Message 18 of 25
Beta Member

I know it's only been a few months but has there been any update @JustinC ?

Message 19 of 25
Square Community Moderator

Hiya @Hideawaysc!

If there ever is an update we'll be sure to update the thread. You'll be notified too since you posted here!

Ashley C
Message 20 of 25
Beta Member

@ashc Thanks

Message 21 of 25