x

Is there a way to automatically send a reminder for overdue invoices?

Is there a way to automatically send a reminder for overdue invoices?

I'd like to be able to change a setting so that once an invoice is overdue, customers get an email that tells them they have an overdue payment.  I know you can "resend" an invoice but that's not what I'm looking for.

1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Reminders are available now but?!

Hello @bojanakolarevic! Our Invoices Team was able to build this feature out in the past week! 

You can now set up to 6 automatic reminders per invoice. You have the option to send a reminder before the invoice is due, on the due date, and after the due date. You'll find the option to enable automatic reminders under More Options when creating an invoice. 

Currently you will have to setup the reminders for each Invoice you create. 

If you have any other questions please let me know! 

14 Comments

Did you ever figure this out. If so, I'd love to know the answer

thanks!

Currently, there is no way to automate overdue invoice reminders (can only re-send manually).  I very much this feature will be added in the future.

Admin

Hello everyone! Thanks for surfacing — I can see how automating a friendly invoice reminder would improve the experience for both you as the seller and your customers.

Right now, what you're doing by manually re-sending is the best work-around. Rest assured that I'm sharing this with our product liaison team as we're always making adjustments based on our seller's feedback.

Thank you for your flexibility on this and feel free to share any other insight! 👍

@Tom Please let us know what's been done to automate the option of a "friendy reminder" that an invoice is overdue. 

Admin

@Stellar732 — thanks for checking in! We don't have anything to share at this time, though I’ll update this thread if anything changes in the future.

If an invoice is not paid by due date, how can I send a second notice/reminder?

Square

Hi @Surfmommeh — It looks like another seller had the same question, and received an answer. Check out the reply from Tom and let us know if that helps!

OK, it has been more than a year since the original request.

And there has been no activity.

It would behoove your developers to take an active role in promoting an option to automatically send a reminder for an overdue invoice.  Either we get to specify the number of days in our profile, or you arbitrarily make it 5.

But do something about this, please....

PLEASE!!!! add a way to send invoice reminders or statements to customers in a batch, eliminating the current way of clicking on each invoice and doing them separately!  

Features such as this are vital to collections, and shouldn't need a "work-around" until your tech team decides to figure out a permanent solution to keep the customer (ME!) happy.   

I guess this thread is a couple yrs old so just touching base to letcha know we still want this feature. Don’t write back saying youre working on it if that’s bull**bleep** though, okay?