x

Is there a way to create Appointment categories?

Is there a way to create Appointment categories?

Hey there, love the option to categorize services but can't seem to find a way to make the category groups visible to our customers booking online. 
We have a wide range of services and it just gives them one huge list to scroll through. We can edit the order of this list but not have categories visible. 
Currently using Timely as our appointment system solely for this reason - Please let me know if there's a way of using categories for our clients to view/choose from when booking themselves! 😁
Would really like to just be using square! Everything else is amazing 

34 Comments
Admin

Hey @Murabeauty98,

Thanks for reaching out and providing us with this feedback!

At the moment there's not way to display or navigate by categories in Square Appointments, however this is a popular feature request and we're continuing to track feedback. I'll be sure to update this thread if this becomes a feature in the future, I understand this would be really useful, as having a very long list of services can get clunky!

*Creating categories for clients booking online appointments*
This has been an issue for many people using square since 2016. 
I do not understand why nothing has been done yet. Our treatments list (mine being Beauty/Hair) are continuously growing and it is becoming very annoying for our clients to scroll through an entire page of things to find their needs. 
It is causing people to get confused or in some cases, give up on booking with me. 
I’m on the verge of needing to change providers and I really love square, it would be a shame. 

Can somebody please explain if this future is every coming to square?

Admin

Hey @EmpireBA,

Thanks for the feedback! I've moved your post to this existing thread so we can track feedback for this feature request in one place.

This is a long standing feature request and I agree that this would be a really handy feature for Appointments, especially for businesses offering a significant number of services. To be honest I don't have any info on if an when it's coming, however I would hope we'd eventually implement it given the usability benefits.

If I hear of this changing I'll update this thread, sorry I couldn't be of more help here in the meantime!

Beta Member

Seamus, I will add my vote for something to be done with Category handling.

It seems rather crazy that you can categorise services but the system then does nothing with them.   It is not good to just list all services alphabetically regardless of category.

It would be useful if

1.  We could make Sub-Categories and have them nested under Categories 

2. Have the Services listed by Category, then Sub-Category, and then alphabetic within those.

I am in desperate need for a resolution to this issue as well. Has any progress been made in the last 8 months? This is a make or break feature for me. If it doesn’t get implemented soon, I’m moving my business to a different platform. I also can’t in good conscience recommend Square to my colleagues in the industry without this feature.

Admin

Hey @Andrew255,

I don't have any further news on this feature request unfortunately. This is a common request for Appointments and one we're tracking, so I hope it will come eventually - with that said I don't have an expected time frame to share.

As always, I'll update this thread if I hear of any changes made here.

Hi Seamus, I found this feed as I have the same problem not been able to create an easy flow with all my services on offer. It's simply not practicable to have over a hundred service in a list online to scroll through and expect a viable booking, this is a deterrent for future business bookings online, anyone would get frustrated trying to use this and I don't know why square advertise Spa & beauty online booking service available for this reason. For me to keep it clean and simple which is why I moved over to square in the first place but it's not an option for me to have online bookings visible. Square should be more forthcoming with this lack of what is expected to be a standard feature for the beauty & spa business. I see below on the feed that that this issue dates back to 2016. My option now is not to use the online bookings & POS system you offer or to stay with timely. Let me know if overnight a change happens to square online bookings for spa & beauty business. Thanks 

Hi, is there a time frame for this. I want to move my business booking to square as I utilise square payments but this is holding me back from switching. 

thanks, 

Joe

Admin

Hey @JBCoaching,

Unfortunately I don't have a timeframe for this - as you can see it's a pretty popular request so I really hope we're able to implement this in the future, and we're continuing to track and pass on feedback.

If anything changes I'll update this thread and give everyone a ping!

Beta Member

Is there any update to this? Without categorisation, I am not happy at asking customers to use the booking. I have too many services to make this a viable option.