x
Beta Member

Is there a way to get remaining inventory numbers in an item sales report?

I run a weekly item sales report to see all of the items that sold and decide what to reorder. To do this, I export the summary version into an excel file. What I would love to have in that excel file is a column with current/remaining inventory stock of each specific item, so I can see how many of each item are left in the store and decide if I should reorder. As it is right now, I end up going back to Square and searching nearly every item individually to check the stock.  Is there any way to add this column to the item sales report, or is there any workaround that anyone else can think of? Thanks for your help! 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey @roughdraftny, thanks for bringing this up.

I think I know what may help. As you head over to the online Square Dashboard > Item library tab, is In Stock showing up as a visible column? If not, you'll need to click the plus sign (+) on the right side of your screen and select it from the dropdown menu. After that, you should be able to view/export remaining inventory numbers from this page instead of having to search individually.

Hope this helps surface the information you need. If I'm missing the mark, please feel free to reply with a bit more information and I'll be happy to take another look. 🎯🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Thanks for the reply! Yes, the in stock column is visible in my item library. However, I'm specifically interested in getting that column as an option on an item sales report.  (I double-checked the plus-sign drop-down menu and it doesn't appear to be there.) I am hoping to find a way to export one report -- the items that were sold on a particular day -- and have that report show how many of each item are still left in the store.  

Exporting a seperate file with all of my thousands of items and checking that against the sales report isn't going to be any better than searching the items library for each item individually, which is what I do now. I'd still have to do a search and find for each item, right? 

Does that make sense? Or am I missing something? I am basically asking whether the "In Stock" column can be added to the item sales reports. Maybe if not now, it can be added to a list of requests for the future? 

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Got it—sounds like being able to export one report that combines the information (specifically stock) in both your Sales and Items tabs would help you reconcile more efficiently.

For now, you might consider viewing these this information directly in Excel with a pivot table, or you can even copy and paste the necessary column values onto one sheet.

Hope this helps. Rest assured that I'll be sharing your experience with our Point of Sale team and point out an opportunity to simplify reporting.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 4 of 4