x

Is there a way to set a specific pick up day for an item ?

I want to set up a specific pick up day for one item in my store. For example if they order Item A today pick up is Friday. If they order Item A on Wednesday pick up is still on Friday. All I see if specific 1- business day, 2 business days etc. So depending on when they order the pick up day given at check out is different than the specific day I want to offer pick up. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Alumni

@farmandfig

Not at this time - Square's Online Store doesn't offer the option to customize pick up schedules on an item level. For now, I moved your post to our Feature request board for tracking. 

We'll find you when this feature becomes available 🙂

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 10
Beta Member

Just want to bump this up. We have a number of items that have specific pickup dates and shouldn't be selected by the customer. For instance, online class kits that can only be picked up the day of the class. Or special wine promos that are ready for pickup on a certain day. 

We need the ability to select a pickup date when configuring the item so there is no "Pickup & Delivery Prep Time" applied. But requiring the customer to select a pickup date conflicts with many of our items and is super-confusing.

Example: wine promo that is ready for pickup on Friday, but customer can select any other day they want, so sometimes they show up to pick up the items when it's not ready yet.) Or, we're stuck in this annoying daily activity of having to change the "Pickup & Delivery Prep Time" by one day each morning to hack it. Which does NOT actually work in a lot of cases. PLEASE add this feature.

Message 3 of 10

so I found a work around that I wish I could give you the sellers name that posted it but I cant find it------ If you change that item from "physical" to  "service" it removes the required prep time prompt that messes up when you have a specific pick up day.  All you need to do is add modifiers to the item- you can even add an upcharge to modifiers if needed. I'm so glad the other person shared this b/c its been a nightmare w/ confusion for customers when they know they are picking up next wed. but the required prep time prompt they would get a conflicting date in their confirmation email. I hope this helps! 

Message 4 of 10

we also were doing pick up only for our CSA shares but were so frustrated b/c unless you have delivery option, including customers address contact isn't required- this not true when  you put the item as a "service" - phew....

Message 5 of 10

Thanks so much for posting this work around. You saved me hours of frustration! 

Message 6 of 10
Beta Member

Thanks for this idea, but it won't work with businesses with multiple locations. When I set up an item as a Service, it is available for purchase in one location, but the "add to cart" button when shopping in the other location just says "not available." In other words, I think the Service option works with one location only. WE STILL NEED THE "NO PICKUP TIME" OPTION PLEASE.

Message 7 of 10
Beta Member

we need this feature!!!! 

Message 8 of 10

This feature is crucial for my business. 

Message 9 of 10
Beta Member

Does anyone know the status of this? This thread was started almost a year ago, and I know I've requested it multiple times, yet still can't do it. It adds so much extra work for the small, single person, businesses... 

Message 10 of 10