x

Is there a way to text a customer that their order is ready for pick up?

We expanded our small business (food trailer) this year which included using the square register with kitchen tickets. Since our business, at this moment, is strictly set up for events (fairs, festivals, etc.) I was thinking it would be neat to take the order and give the customer a number but instead of them waiting (unless they want to), text them a notice their food is ready to pick up. That way they won't have to keep checking back, they can enjoy their selves where they are at. Is that something I can do with square or is there another app that works with square?

Thanks!

Donna

Message 1 of 97
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

We introduced this feature back in June, but this thread didn't receive an update!

When customers using Curbside Pickup arrive at your location, they can alert you of their arrival via text. You will see an arrival alert in your Square Point of Sale - with identifying information - so you are able to deliver food to your customers at the curb. 

To enable the text message notification feature, navigate to Settings > Pickup & Delivery from your Square Online Overview page, and set up each location individually. Click the Set up button to start, then below Enable Pickup, you’ll see a toggle you can turn ON that allows your customers to send you a text message notification.

If you haven't already toggled this on, head here to learn more about how it works! 🎉

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 12 of 97
96 REPLIES 96
Beta Member

I've built a solution for this - https://notifycustomers.net 

Message 85 of 97
Beta Member

Still looking for a way to collect phone numbers to text for orders by phone or walk-up customers. It's only available for Square Online orders.

Message 86 of 97
Beta Member

Hey there, you can use my solution - https://notifycustomers.net.

Feel free to email me - josh@misllc.com. Thanks.

Message 87 of 97
Beta Member

Looking at your site it doesn't appear to be integrated with Square yet.  Been months since you started pushing this as a solution.  How does one use your solution currently?  Via a web browser?

Message 88 of 97
Beta Member

It’s integrated in the sense that we capture customer info and order info to text customers. I have a contract with Square. 

Message 89 of 97
Beta Member

Message 90 of 97
Beta Member

I just noticed I didn't update the home page. The Square integration said "coming soon". I've updated the home page.

Message 91 of 97

Grubuzzer does exactly that Donna! Sends order ready texts for all paid order types, local, online, pickup, takeout. Sorry we didn't have it available 4 years ago when you asked. Just opened our truck last year and found we needed it.

Message 92 of 97
Beta Member

My app, Notify Customers, is in the final stages of quality review by the Square team - works cross-platform and mobile friendly. https://notifycustomers.net/squareup/ 

Message 93 of 97
Beta Member

Notify Customers is now available on the marketplace - https://squareup.com/us/en/app-marketplace/app/notify-customers

Message 94 of 97

We have a prepared food business that sells at a local farmer's market and the ability to text a customer when their order is ready would add significant value to the Square for Restaurants solution. I don't believe the email option is right for our use case as customers have to go and check email generally whereas a text typically pops on their phone's home screen.

Message 95 of 97
Beta Member

We have a lot of food trucks using Notify Customers. 

Message 96 of 97
Alumni

@SuperJay Great idea, but there isn't a feature that provides an ETA on when their order will be ready. 

As for the text when ready feature, a thread has been started where we're tracking that request. I moved your post there

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 97 of 97