x

Adding Item Images to Variations in Square for Retail

Beta Member

Adding Item Images to Variations in Square for Retail

Are we able to add a picture for each color Option?

[The title of this thread has been updated by moderator from its original: Re: Item Options with Square for Retail]

1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Item Photos for Variations

Hello @PatriotJeff, welcome to the Seller Community! 

Currently having a photo for each variation is a feature request for Square for Retail. I've gone ahead and moved this thread to the feature request board of the Seller Community. We will move all related posts to this thread to track the requests in one place. 

If there are any updates we will make sure to post them on this thread. 🙂

23 Comments

I am currently utilizing the thirty day free trial of Square Retail to determine if my company will be making the switch. I have found a few minor issues that I'd like to ensure I am not overlooking or at least make a suggestion for it to be added in the future.

I have hundreds of SKUs that have various color options available. In my current POS they are listed individually. With Square I'd like to change over to a parent item with variations thereof for the different color options. My only issue with this method is that I can only select one photo for each item. Therefore on the POS the photos for all of the variations will be the same. I'd like for there to be an ability to have a unique photo for each item variation without making seperate items.

Hello @PatriotJeff, welcome to the Seller Community! 

Currently having a photo for each variation is a feature request for Square for Retail. I've gone ahead and moved this thread to the feature request board of the Seller Community. We will move all related posts to this thread to track the requests in one place. 

If there are any updates we will make sure to post them on this thread. 🙂

Beta Member

I would like this also but for Square Register... I don't see why there are separate programs for Register and Retail either... I think it should all be the same.

Beta Member

I wanted to reinforce the request by @PatriotJeff to have images at the variant level. The current set-up essentialy requires that we have every item and variant at the "Item" level in order to have an image for each variant. This would be unmanageable with our current inventory, as well, would have a major negative impact on reporting. We are assessing moving forward with an integrated POS/e-commerce solution; other solutions do offer this capability. Where is Square with regard to this? Is this a 2019 improvement, or just another "great idea, we'll think about it"? Thanks.

In response to @PatriotJeff comment a year ago, I too am setting up a website with weebly and as a Ceramicist, each variation is uniquely different, though I would have liked to have them all under the same descriptor : 6" Bowl. My Sq account had it set up that way to sell, but as a website, I am redoing all my inventory to be unique items. Any change this has changed and variation can have individual photos? thanks @dragonflypc

What is the status of this capability?

I am a long-time Square user, and am both adding new products as well as having to rebuild my Square inventory due to the restrictions in the way products are managed.

I have large numbers of unique (one-of-a-kind) variations of one item (e.g. wooden widgets or ruffly skirts, or...). It is currently unmanageable, as I have to add each variation as a unique item with only 1 in stock.

Admin

Thanks for your post @qphia. I'm afraid I don't have an update to share for this feature request at this time. I definitely understand how being able to include a photo for a unique item would help you to manage your items. Are you using the item CSV file from your Dashboard to update your inventory or do you do everything from your Point of Sale?

Hi, all Items are Manges just through the site tools, I’m not using a .csv.

Admin

Thanks @qphia! If you export your item library to a file you can make changes in bulk before re-uploading it. I know it doesn't change the fact that you can't add photos, but it might save you some time! This Support Center article has the steps to use bulk import tool

Beta Member

I am using Weebly. I think this is the same issue on this thread: having the photo for each variation appear when selected.

I had set up an item (Summer sugar cookies) with 7 designs (dolphin, sun, beach ball, etc.) with a drop down menu. When the customer selected a design, the appropriate photo displayed. This was 2 weeks ago and it worked. Now it doesn’t. Did something change?

Question: How does an option set differ from variations?