x
Beta Member

KDS Location Based

We use Square Restaurants in our Venue that has 3 bars, and roaming servers with Terminals. We currently have the Terminals assigned to specific ticket printers for their orders.

Is there anyway we can use a KDS as a location based display instead of category based? We don’t really want to have to duplicate all of our categories with location specific ones so tickets only show up at the right bar. Or could we assign KDS much like we assign ticket printers. Since our venue is dark ( concert space) reading the impact tickets is quite tough when the lights are down. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Alumni

Hm, KDS is currently mapped to location, @mrtinvan.

Are you possibly asking about an expoing feature?

Or a feature that routes orders from specific Points of Sale to specific KDS stations?

P.S. Welcome officially to the Seller Community 

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6
Beta Member

Well the KDS is mapped by Category to Location. 

I want to route orders from specific PoS locations to specific KDS stations, much like we can assign printers. 

Message 3 of 6
Alumni

Routing orders from specific Points of Sale to specific KDS stations is a feature request that our KDS team is already tracking!

We'll be sure to update this thread if we have news to share about this, @mrtinvan.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 6
Beta Member

Did this ever get through development? I don't see the feature request anywhere?

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi @mrtinvan,

Thanks for following up. Sorry about any confusion with that previous post. 

Since this is still a feature request I would recommend you submit your request to make it official with the new process, as there has been some changes with our feature request process on the backend. 

Please submit your request here . This will help our product team get visibility and track other Sellers’ interest in your request. 

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

Message 6 of 6