x
Beta Member

Key Words or tagging

Since I sell photography and coming from a database management background the past 30 years, I'm trying to be as organized as possible about what sells more than other scenes.

Currently, my Categories are setup for my art in the following manor:

Winter

Spring

Summer

Autumn

Covered Bridges

Animals

Still Life

Then inside each of those are all the scenes/photos I sell.

What I would like to quickly see at a glance is what type of subjects sells the most.

For example, some of the subjects I take photos are the following: our canal in all seasons,

our local canal in all seasons

Barns, farms

Specific local creeks

Specific local historical buildings

Specific local lakes

and many more different things in all seasons.

So, what I am wondering could an option be added that when we create items, we add key words to those items to define it.

That way we could maybe click on any one of those keywords to see how many sales have occurred with that subject no matter what season or size it was sold. 

Thinking there are other type businesses other than photographers or painters that like to see this type of information just by creating their own set of key words that would be different than using modifiers and categories.

I've been using Square since July 2015, so the longer I use it, the more data on my sales I have, the better I will know what to bring in the future 🙂

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square

@RCT - Thanks so much for taking the time to share your suggestion. It definitely sounds like something that would be a useful tool for getting more granular details on item sales. I'll definitely pass along your thoughts to our product liaison team. Keep them coming! 😀

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 2 of 8
Beta Member

sounds like it would also work for someone here that was looking to keep track of colors in clothing.

They could sell all types of clothing, and tag them by color, and have a better idea of which colors their customers buy most so they know what colors to produce more.

Message 3 of 8
Alumni

Good point, thanks @RCT

Message 4 of 8

I will also throw my hat in the ring for requesting custom key words and tagging for items.

Message 5 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for sharing your interest @woodboxstudios

How would this feature help your business? Can you provide some details on how you would use this feature? 

Message 6 of 8

Please provide an update on this feature request. It would be so helpful! We use different inventory items for different appointment types. this would be a great way to associate them further than just category. Same goes for tracking the brands of our retail products. 

So many benefits to a feature like this!

Message 7 of 8
Admin

@gresserin

No specific updates on this at this point, although it is actively being tracked as a Feature Request still at this time. Inventory management especially has been getting a lot of new features as of late, so we'll be sure to announce if changes are made again to this here in the Community.

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 8 of 8