x

Load store credit onto giftcard

How do we process a return as a store credit and load it onto a giftcard?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Hey @Pretty_Please_J, thanks for bringing this up. Though I can see how this would be useful for many businesses, returned purchases can't be issued in the form of a store credit or automatically loaded onto a gift card.

Our product liaison team is currently tracking this request, but there is no specific timeline as to when store credit may become available. Please don't hesitate to reply with any other insight or questions about this!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 6

I would love this feature also.  We offer store credit for refunds.  Occasionally when a return is processed without a receipt, again a store credit is in order.  We currently use a serialized receipt book and hand write the store credit.  We then stamp the receipt with our return address stamp for mail.  Clumsy, inelegant and time consuming. 
Message 3 of 6
Square

@Cory949 - I'll be sure to pass along the request! In the meantime, I'd encourage you to check out this thread for more details on what that process looks like. 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 4 of 6

Not really a way to directly tie a return to a gift card. The only thing that might work is to load a gift card and use "Other" as the form of payment. You'd have to track and manipulate the data in a spreadsheet after the fact though. Would be nice it you could choose how money is refunded, it right now it will only go back to the original form of payment. 

Message 5 of 6
Alumni

@dakotaharvest - this functionality for refund to a gift card is live now. Let me know if you have questions about the flow. 

Message 6 of 6