x

Magstripe reader is not working on Lenovo Tab 10

Magstripe reader is not working on Lenovo Tab 10

I have tried all troubleshooting tips but no luck. I can make transactions by entering card number and my magstripe reader is working on my another device. Has anybody used this reader with Lenovo Tab? 

@username2 what is the main reason that reader is not compatible with devices? When I plug in earphones everything seems working, I can hear and record. I even recorded my sound using magstripe reader and it functions just as good as a mic. Apart from generic troubleshooting, what would you suggest me to make magstripe reader work on my device? I don't want to throw my tablet away

Thanks,

0 Likes
16 Comments
Admin

Hello @Hamish, I'm very sorry for the frustration.

I went to check for any developments on Lenovo Tab 4 (10) Plus compatibility, though there isn't anything that I can access and share out. We will update the Lenovo section of our Device Compatibility page as soon as we're able to test and support more tablets. In the meantime, other sellers have had success with using another supported Android device with a Heckler stand.

Hope this helps get you in the right direction for now. Again, apologies for the trouble with getting set up. Please do keep in touch and let us know if any other questions come up.

Thanks for your reply. I really hope they include support for square bluetooth reader on the lenovo tab 4 10 plus as it's a great tablet at a reasonable price.

As for stands I selected this one which is great for situations where you need the tablet to be secure

CTA Digital Universal Anti-Theft Security Grip with POS Stand for Tablets - iPad Air 2, iPad mini 4, Galaxy Tab, Note 10.1, 7-10-inch Tablets (PAD-UAT https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PFEPSA8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apap_R8BQVME8kLe3D

And I also have one of these which is also great quality and a good price.

AboveTEK Elegant Tablet Stand, Aluminum iPad Stand Holder, Desktop Kiosk POS Stand for 7-13 inch iPad Pro Air Mini Galaxy Tab Nexus, Tablet Mount for Store Showcase Office Reception Kitchen Countertop https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KW7LSQK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_shhhBbRX3PQ0T

I highly recommend both of these stands.

Any luck getting your P10 working with your ready? 

I can't for the life of me get my contactless reader to pair with my P10.....very frustrating!!!!

Square Community Moderator

Hi @pokolbinguy!

Check out @EJ and @Chad's responses to this on the first page. It appears this device is not on our Supported Devices list. 

Did anyone have any luck getting the card reader working on the Lenovo TAB M10?

Square Community Moderator

Hey there @daniel_tanash

Welcome to the Community!

This would depend on what type of reader you're using with your device. Check out our compatibility page. It will give you the ability to check the make and model of your device against all of the hardware we have.