x

Multiple locations on a device

Right now if you go to

https://squareup.com/dashboard/pos/settings/devices

click "Add device now", add the device details etc., it will ask you which location to register it to.

"New! Take payments on Square Terminal from your computer

Enter a sale on your computer and send it to Square Terminal for your customer to pay."

Then, you can go to the virtual terminal (https://squareup.com/dashboard/pos/overview) and click "Take a Payment", put in the amount/products, and you have the option to send the payment straight to the registered terminal device - this is great because you don't have to touch the terminal to "send the amount to it" - it will get sent to the terminal from the virtual terminal. This is good during Covid times because staff doesn't have to be touching the terminal as much and it's better than passing around a device. This is the way the POS terminals are set up in most larger/chain stores (e.g. McDonalds) - the cashier just presses something like 'charge' on their end of the POS terminal and the payment request gets sent to the pin pad for the customer to use their card.

SO - the problem is that you can only register the terminal to one location... you see, I have the need to constantly take payments switching between locations. One payment is for location A, and the other is for location B. When taking credit card manual entry payments, it's easy to alternate between which location the funds go to - you just select the location from the dropdown on the virtual terminal credit card entry screen at the top left.

Then, if I'm using the terminal *without* registering it, I just click "sign in" when it starts up, sign in with my square account, and it asks me upon login which location I want to "sign in" to. So, if I select location A at this point, funds will get deposited to location A's bank account.

This works, but it's tedious and prone to errors because each time you want to switch a location, you have to go to settings>account>click Sign Out. Obviously it's time consuming and prone to errors, e.g. several times I took a payment under the wrong location by mistake because the terminal was already sitting there signed in at the amount entry screen so I just charged the amount, but then I saw it went to the wrong bank account since it was signed into the other location.

SO - my feature request is to:

-Allow selecting which location the payment will go to from the virtual terminal from a dropdown (just like with credit card manual entry payments) WHEN USING THE FEATURE 'SEND PAYMENT TO TERMINAL' (because right now the terminal is locked to one location when registered)

-ALSO: when registering the device in the scenario where each staff member has his/her own PIN, allow team members from all locations to sign into the terminal. Right now you have to select which location the terminal is registered to which is bad; team members should be allowed to sign in with PIN code from multiple locations (the other alternative is signing in and out of the terminal using email/password and this is bad because the terminal is NOT registered to the business and time consuming and prone to errors because of the signing in and out that is involved).

Please do this as it's extremely important to me

Message 1 of 1
0 REPLIES 0