x

Order management (as opposed to managing purchases)

We sell one product and want to manage all orders, both online orders and manual orders using Square. 

We take orders online (via Weebly) as well as over the phone and email.  When people order online, they also pay.  We are fine for people to order over the phone or email and only pay upon pick up.  

Weebly & Square do a fine enough job for managing the orders that come through the online Weebly store.  There is a nice little report to see all these orders.  

However, I want to manage the orders that come over the telephone and email as well.  How do I do this?

Attempts I have made so far:

1) Enter an order manually on the Square dashboard.  Problem:  no means of doing this.

2) Create an invoice on the Square dashboard.  Problem:  This does not create an order, nor a purchase (both which seem incorrect, and at least regards to purchase, not correct according to accrual accounting rules).  Further, any invoice report I could find, does not include items that have been sold, and thus I can't merge it with the order report.

3) Create a Ticket with the cellphone app.  Problem:  This does not create an order or a purchase, and I could not find a way to generate a ticket report in order to merge with the order report.  

How do I manage manual orders on Square?

Thank you

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Alumni

Hey @jean-baptiste

The best way to manage manual orders is by using Open Tickets feature (which you mentioned in your 3rd point) which allows you to save a sale - or in your case, an order - to charge it later at  pick-up.  Also, you can set an Open Ticket to auto print to the kitchen as soon as it's saved so I'll be ready when your customer comes in to pay.

The only caveat to this is that Open Tickets don't speak to the Orders tab, so you won't be able to merge them to your Order reports.  

I hear your feedback though, and we're constantly improve our products as it relates to Order Management. I'll be sure to pass this up to our Product Team for tracking. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6

I am also having this issue, particularly as it relates to inventory. When I have a customer make and order/purchase over the phone or via email if I create a ticket it does not seem to take those items out of inventory and my concern is that it would be possible for those same items to be sold via online store when they have already been 'reserved' for the customer through the open ticket. Is this right? I'm still new to this so maybe I'm doing something wrong

Message 3 of 6
Admin

Hey there @BakedMud. Welcome!

When you process a transaction that includes items with inventory, the inventory does automatically deduct from your stock. Are you setting up your stock correctly?  This post has a walk through on how to set it up.

If your items still aren't deducting, I would reach out to our CS team so they can take a look into your account. They'll help you pin point the issue!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 4 of 6
Beta Member

Hi! has there been any development into this feature?

Besides the caveats mentioned before, today's business environment relying heavily on delivery, Orders provide great updating features and communications with the customer that helps everyone.

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi @kekoapoke! Thanks so much for asking. Unfortunately, there are no updates that I have to share, but as soon as we have one, we will certainly post it in our Seller Community. I know if can feel impossible to wait on some highly requested features for your business, but do know we are working diligently to release as many Online Store features as possible right now.

Thanks so much for your time and I hope you have a great day! 🙂

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6