x

Organizing service library items

How can we organize the service items we have in the service library.  I can see that I can organize variations of my service items,but how do I organize the service items on the main list?

Every time I add a new service it puts it at the top of the list, and we want to now have as few selections as possible, with more variations underneath each service group, so I need to reorganize the ones we have.

Now I could erase all, plan out how I want them to read and start from the bottom of my list and re-enter all of our services, but I just thought we would ask if there is a better way!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Alumni

Hey @emeraldcleaning - Glad to share the Community with you! 

Currently the Service Library is organized in alphabetically order by default and there's no way to customize the order (I just tested this by adding new services on my demo account). 

The Service Library is a fairly new feature we implemented so there is a lot of opportunity for it's growth and can imagine improvement will come down the road. Thanks of sharing your feedback - I'll note this with the Product Team! 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5

I cannot find how to enter my items as services or transfer my "items" from stock to services.    We don't sell items, just services, lessons, etc.   So I set them up as items and added a "tax" and called it convenience fee.   It is not working for me maybe because I have nothing to ship so doesn't get a shipping address?   Can you help me figure out what I am missing?

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hey @ridgefield thanks for asking!

There is a video tutorial in this help article and you can also create a service from the Dashboard or the App. 

To create a service with Square Appointments via the Dashboard follow the steps below:

1. Visit the Services page in your online Square Dashboard.
  2. Click Create Service and add the service details. In addition to adding the service price, if you have a fee for each service enabled for No-Show Protection, you can enter the amount to charge your clients if they cancel outside of your cancellation window.
  3. Choose whether this service will be available for clients during online booking.
  4. Choose which staff members can be booked for this service.
  5. Block off any necessary transition time between appointments and click Save.

To create one in the app:

1. Tap Services on the navigation bar.
  2. Tap the plus sign on the top right.
  3. Enter the name, description, duration, and cost.
  4. Tap Save on the top right.

Let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5
Beta Member

This used to be available. As a service based provider, I had all my services listed in the order that was easiest for my clients. Now they have to scroll up and down the entire list to find things to book.... I like having the option of organizing my services that best fit my business... This could also be prevented with the use of categories, which is something many of us have been asking for since 2017.

Message 5 of 5