x

Pay Pal - pay in 4

Pay Pal - pay in 4

Hi all,

I’ve now seen that PayPal - Pay in 4 is FINALLY available in Aus. I tried a purchase on my website to see if it was up and running however the option never came up once I selected the PayPal option….is there something we have to do to enable it?

Also I noticed on the PayPal website they have the option of a “PayPal pay later” button in the checkout that sits under the normal PayPal checkout button….is this something that we will have access too? It’s a function I’d really like to promote and be obvious to customers as it’s so popular these days ,

cheers

Tim

0 Likes
7 Comments

Was gonna ask the same question; with more and more afterpay-esque payment deferral programs around, this is now more critical than ever, as a small business, in these times, to give our customers more options.

+1 for 'Pay in 4'

Admin

Hey @Tim-01 and @AVsupport,

Thanks for reaching out. I ran a test on a Square Online website and also was not able to see this option at checkout, where I am on some other websites.

I've reached out to our eCommerce team to clarify how this is intended to work with Square Online and whether or not it's something that should work or something we plan on supporting in the future - I'll let you both know when I hear back.

Hi what is the outcome?

Admin

@SaltyBae

I checked back in again and got a response that Pay in 4 is not currently supported with Square Online unfortunately. I wasn't able to get confirmation on if the feature is planned in the future, but will continue passing on feedback.

Sorry I wasn't able to get a clearer answer than this!

Heads up @AVsupport @Tim-01

This is absolutely ridiculous that these options are not available for Australian users. They cannot bring out a platform like square with the easy amazing access and not have buy now pay later options. I tried the pay in 4 for PayPal coding as it says to do when wanting to add it to your site and it doesn't work. Square isn't integrating any of these options and its killing small business and they have no information or confirmed dates when its available for us businesses. I wish I never Brought a website with square 😞

Totally agree with you!!

Its beyond a joke! 
Don’t get me started on Afterpay 😩

Admin

Hey @stellliacos,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your feedback.

Square recently announced plans to acquire Afterpay - this is due to settle in the first quarter of 2022, after which we hope to integrate support for Afterpay across our product ecosystem. We'll make sure to update our sellers once this is available!