x

Rebooking Reminder

Rebooking Reminder

Hello Square team,

I and my wife are currently running a home-based salon. We offer eyelash extensions services, which usually requires the customer to come back every 2 weeks for infills. Some of our customers suggest they would like to be reminded of their next appointments

Apart from the ability to schedule recurring appointments which require locking in a date and time, I would prefer a more flexible approach for our customers. Something like an SMS or email notification sent to customers after the initial appointment, to remind them to book in their follow-up appointments, would be extremely awesome.

The majority of our customers make booking requests fairly close to their appointments, usually one or 2 days in advance, some even last minute. Rarely are they sure about whether they will be able to commit to their next appointments in two weeks time. Most of our customers book on an ad-hoc basis and with fairly short notice. We got a lot of last-minute cancellations

The idea is to give our customers the freedom of choice, rather than 'forcing' them to make a 'not-so-sure' follow-up appointments. Of course, they can cancel if they wish, but from our customers' perspective, I'd prefer to be reminded rather than make a reluctant pinky promise :). At least that's our customers' preferences due to the casual nature of our business since we don't charge cancellation in a bid to compete with the shopping centre beauty salons. It's our choice to make our business have a casual and personal vibe to it.

Anyhow, we have created a Yes/No custom field called: "Rebooking reminder". So we know exactly who wants to be reminded for their follow up appointment by using 'Customer Filters'. The only issue is that there's no way to automatically send these customers a reminder to rebook. Obviously, we can manually send them one by one, but as our customer base grows, this will eventually become a full-time job.

As a point of reference, I have found an article which describes a similar feature:

https://www.gettimely.com/blog/timely-rebooking-reminders/

In conclusion, it would be amazing if Square has the ability to auto send out rebooking reminder (with a booking link is a bonus), at a set time frame from the initial appointment, as opposed to the rigid Recurring Appointments feature

Square POS and Appointments has been awesome so far and we have received lots of positive feedback since we transition from Facebook built-in booking tool. It has also saved our time and effort with its handy simple CRM. The integration between POS and Appointments is awesome as well. With that extra rebooking reminder feature, I'm sure Square Appointments will be a bomb!

Regards,

Austin.

0 Likes
1 Comment
Admin

Hey @bitibeauties,

Thanks for getting in touch and providing such a detailed use-case for your feature request!

I've not heard of any plans to change how these email notifications work on Appointments, however you make a very good case for how these options would benefit your business.I'll pass your feedback on to the Appointments team.

It's also possible features like this may come down the track once we launch Square Marketing in Australia - I don't have an ETA for this one, but it should be coming at some point in the future.