x

Request to automatically print paper reciepts

Hello, 

I am requesting an option to automatically print paper receipts after a tender has been selected. We have a need at our business that customer's require paper receipts regardless so we do not have a need for email or phone option. It would speed up our checkout process if we could bypass the select receipt options or email, phone number, etc... and the need to select print receipt twice if once we input the tender type a paper receipt auto prints with no other inputs.

Thank-You,

MJA

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Super Seller

I don't have my iPad with me to check but I am pretty sure if you go into the app settings it's an option to enable! Might be under the printer settings. Let me know if you find it!

Sammy Grace

Please Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hello there @MJA 

What @SammyGrace2414 said is correct. From the Square Point of Sale app, you are able to both Skip the receipt screen and also print paper receipts automatically instead of manually. 

Here's are the steps: 

Visit More > Settings > Checkout > Signature and receipt > Scroll to the bottom and enable Skip receipt screen. 

By default enabling this setting will have digital receipts sent automatically without you or your customer having to select an option.

For automatic paper printing you will want to visit More > Settings > Hardware > Printers > Select your Printer Station > Tap on Receipts  > Make sure "Use this printer for receipts" is enabled and then change the Print Receipts setting from Manually to Automatically. 

This should help you accomplish having paper receipts as a default option for all your transactions. 

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 7

Thank-You for this. Will this work on the square terminal? We don’t have a separate printer and currently use the printer built into the terminal itself. I don’t have them on me at this time to test it out but next time I’m there I will try what you had posted. Much appreciated. 

Message 4 of 7

This option also applies to the Square Terminal. I will keep an eye out for your reply @MJA

JJ
Message 5 of 7

Hello JJ,

the above to try did not work on the terminal using the built in printer. Would our needs be met if we bought the separate USB printer and connect it to the hub? Would not like to spend the extra $389 plus taxes (x2) if possible but if this is the solution and it works then it would be what needs to be done. 

Thank-You,

MJA

Message 6 of 7

If this did not work, I would recommend reaching out to our Hardware team over the phone @MJA. They can investigate this further before you decide to purchase the external printer. 

You can give them a call at 855-809-9000 (English) 855-700-2000 (French) between 6 am - 6 pm Pacific Time Monday-Friday. If you call outside of these hours, you will be required to enter your Customer Code to validate your account.

JJ
Message 7 of 7