x

Restaurants: Ingredient level tracking

Restaurants: Ingredient level tracking

We own three cafes and are looking for an inventory management system to be able to track items across all our locations. We are hoping to get a system that is able to track exactly what goes into a product on the square dashboard as ours have multiple ingredients that go into our items on the POS. Any suggestions would be great 🙂 Thanks Andrew

9 Comments
Admin

Hey @Moyesye87,

Thanks for getting in touch!

At the moment ingredient level tracking is unfortunately not available, however we do plan on building this into Square for Restaurants in the future. I don't currently have an ETA, though hopefully at some point later this year. I'd recommend a 3rd party app if I knew of any - the only one I've ever heard of was called Intrakr. They were previously available in the US up until around 2016 - it doesn't look like their product is available any more.

Sorry I can't be of more help for now. I've moved this thread to our Feature Requests board to better track it and also inform interested sellers once it launches.

I am also interested to know what anyone else is using?

We use a simple spreadsheet that has all ingredients itemized. Each location has it's own tab, then each ingredient is listed by where it is stored (reach in cooler, prep cooler, dry storage, etc). Our team members then go through each item every day and update the inventory amount, check the items box if it is below the threshold that I have identified to indicate I need to order it, and also includes a field to enter the received date.

It would be nice to have an app that allows for QR code generating so my team can simply scan the code to either add or update inventory for the item along with provide me with smart notifications so I don't overlook items to order. I would also like some sort of a log of who and when items have been updated. 

I sell 3 types of Burgers using the same bun all with different modifiers. It there a way to track how man buns I sell?

Admin

Hey @J-Burgs,

Thanks for your message and welcome to the community!

I've merged your post into this one here - the feature you're looking for is ingredient level tracking. This feature isn't currently available, though it's something that should be coming to Square for Restaurants in the future.

For now there is an integration with a 3rd party app available, check the Best Answer in this thread for more.

Beta Member

Very interested in this feature. Watching intently. 

Beta Member

If you had this feature, you would definitely get more businesses on board!!

Beta Member

Any update in ingredient tracking ?

Square Community Moderator

Unfortunately, I don't have an update on this feature request yet @SuziesPizza.

This is a massive area of let down with the Square system.
The ability to accurately or even roughly manage stock is not possible for a take away/restaurant with current set up.