x

Send Receipts as a file format (PDF, JPEG)

I currently send my clients their receipts through the square terminal, with all of the information they require to submit to insurance, however lately it seems that many insurance companies have changed their policies to require them sent as a file format. All receipts are currently sent as an embedded file. Can this be changed?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Being able to have the option to send receipts in a file format (PDF or even JPEG) would be ideal for my line do work. 
I understand that I could use invoices as a workaround, but that defeats the purpose of trying to simplify the checkout process! 

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Admin

Hey @BRandy88. It sounds like you want to send the receipt in a particular format - like a PDF? I'm afraid you can't change how digital (email or SMS) receipts are sent. However, as a workaround, your customers could save the receipt as a PDF using their web browser, or they could take a screenshot of a receipt and save that as a PDF.

Another option would be to create and share a Square Invoice as a PDF from your Dashboard. Unfortunately, you can't save Invoices as a PDF from the Square Terminal though.

Anyway let me know if a PDF option would help or if there's another file format that would be more suitable. I can share your experience with the Receipts team. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 7

Best Answer

Being able to have the option to send receipts in a file format (PDF or even JPEG) would be ideal for my line do work. 
I understand that I could use invoices as a workaround, but that defeats the purpose of trying to simplify the checkout process! 

Message 3 of 7
Admin

Understood, I'm sure a lot of business types would find this useful. I've marked your reply as Best Answer - which isn't to say it's 'solved' - it'll help other sellers to find this request and to voice their interest! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 7

I have taken over the front end management of an acupuncture clinic and I'm currently using square as a POS payment system, so I'm simply taking payments and issuing receipts (aka - not using invoices). However, many of our clients require printed receipts or need a downloadable file format. In my experience, PDF is the best choice for this. Adding my "voice" here in hopes that there is a solution to this, asap! 

Message 5 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for adding your voice here in support of PDF functionality for receipts, @PHInstitute! Our Product Teams keep tabs of this thread, but I am more than happy to pass your feedback over to them.

Should any news come down the pipeline, this thread will be notified first. Thanks again! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 7

YES!! Please provide pdf option for receipts! Now I have to send receipts a second time from a different program when clients need pdf version. This usually means they have submitted the Square receipt to their insurance company and reimbursement is put on hold until they provide a pdf receipt. Not great customer service or use of my time!

Message 7 of 7