x

Setting up delivery date and time windows for meal delivery business.

We are working on "pivoting" our catering business by offering "ready made meals" delivery. We are offering two days a week delivery or pickup. Our issues is that the Square online ordering does not allow our customers to just pick from the two days offered, Tuesday and Friday.

We have setup our business hours within the windows we need and our "prep time" windows, of 2 days, but unfortunately this results in very odd delivery dates. The system seems to work for pick up but not for delivery. 

Are there any options that would work for us? Is there any changes coming within Square for our situation?

Thanks,

Evelyn

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hey @FreshDish -

Welcome to our Seller Community! You may want to take a look at our Delivery and Pickup Integrations with Square for Restaurants. I think this can help. I also suggest reading over this Community thread where other sellers asked a similar question, here you can find additional troubleshooting steps on how to manage your

Pick up & Delivery settings. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 4

Hi @sayra, thanks for the feedback but unfortunately, after reviewing the post you suggested by @Produce54_, there was no meaningful resolution the the problem in that Community thread. I have worked with all the settings for deliveries and hours open. This problem persists.

Also, the https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6649-delivery-and-pickup-integrations-with-square-for-restau... artical talks about setting up "Ordering Partners" for delivery which is not our issue.

Any additional ideas would be greatly apricated,

Evelyn

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Sorry to hear that the suggestions above did not work. Can you please tell me what you are seeing when someone tries to place a delivery order?. In your case the only thing that is changing is the fulfillment method, correct?

@FreshDish

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 4 of 4