x

Setup a specific pickup date for every item.

Message 1 of 10
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

UPDATE! @AdamB 

Hello community and programmers!

I finally found a solution. But it's a temporary solution, and programmers could easily program it. The 'pickup on a specific date' mode is already indirectly embedded into square online.

When you create a product, select 'EVENT'. 

Create your physical product as it were an event.

Clients will come to your warehouse on a specific date that you can select.

WHAT NEEDS TO BE CHANGED?

This method still has some problems.

1. The 'event date' is only an interval: WE WANT A CALENDAR WITH MULTI DATE CHOICES.
  2. The event type of product is not okay: WE NEED TO BE ABLE TO CREATE A REAL PHYSICAL PRODUCT BUT A NEW OPTION SHOULD BE AVAILABLE IN 'PICKUP AND DELIVERY' AND SHOULD BE CALLED LIKE I MENTIONNED IN MY FIRST POST.
  3. The event type of product creates a button called 'attend': NOT OKAY!
  4. The batch problem. We can't create batches of product. So, we have to wait for the pickup date before selling our new batch because (I think) square will send an email to customers telling them that the event date has changed (if we change event date for other batches of product coming later). Very unconvenient.

I think that it would be easy to create such a functionality because it's already there. The 'Event' type of product is very similar to what I suggest. 

MORE FEATURES REQUESTED:

• We want to change the font size in header and footer
  • We want to change the font type in header and footers! Right now, even if we upload our own font, header and footer always have the same basic parameters (elegant... modern... vintage...)
  • We want to create a multi-language store. Right now, on my store, I had to name every button both French and English. It takes lots of space, and the buttons only show English.
  • We want to be able to easily rename titles and buttons! Right now all titles and buttons can't be edited.
  • It seems there's a problem with the customs color for the website. The theme color just doesn't work, and it's limited to a few colors. Please create a more customizable platform, but keep its simplicity.

That's it!

Thanks.

Phil

toiiak.com

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Admin

Thanks for taking the time to post this, @Philbaz. If anyone else would like us to add this, feel free to comment and leave your thoughts! It helps our Product teams to have a lot of feedback and context.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 2 of 10
Super Seller

@JessRog @tranguyen  As we set up our 5th Valentines using Square and prepping for Mother's day 2021 we really need a speciific pick up date or delivery date and not a "window"  

Event does work but atttend is so confusing end user.

I'm happy to try out a beta for Valentine's if you could do something on the fly.

As a work around could you set up a fullfillment option as "date specific" 

so fullfillment options are . e.g Shipping, pick up , local delivery, date specific

with a note saying the vendor will be in touch to confirm your pick up time.

This would be the simplest option without going into calenders, times etc 

Message 3 of 10

I cannot echo this hard enough. 

We have participated in multiple week-long craft/artisan events with one pick-up or delivery date at the end. It means guessing at and adjusting the fulfillment times daily. Heaven forbid if an hour goes by after your store hours and orders come in before realizing. 

A more recent example - We have a small storefront full of items. Currently, it is pick-up only with a 48 hr fulfillment time. We do a mother's days basket fundraiser that sells out every year and because of the quick turn around and time sensitivity – are offering delivery for this item only (in addition to pick-up). Pick-up can happen any time for other items, however baskets will be packed on Thursday May 6th, and ready Friday May 7th (mothers day is may 9th). When they went live today, I had to set the delivery timeframe for 0 minutes - 7 days, and the fulfilment time to 2 weeks. But at 4:30 when the physical location closed, and an online order for a mothers day basket came in, it bumped their delivery to the monday AFTER mother's day. I quickly tried to adjust the fulfillment time, but the options are 5 business day, 1 week, 2 weeks.... basically i need 10 business days, but then monday I would have to change it again to 9 business days, and so on. 

Message 4 of 10

Best Answer

UPDATE! @AdamB 

Hello community and programmers!

I finally found a solution. But it's a temporary solution, and programmers could easily program it. The 'pickup on a specific date' mode is already indirectly embedded into square online.

When you create a product, select 'EVENT'. 

Create your physical product as it were an event.

Clients will come to your warehouse on a specific date that you can select.

WHAT NEEDS TO BE CHANGED?

This method still has some problems.

1. The 'event date' is only an interval: WE WANT A CALENDAR WITH MULTI DATE CHOICES.
  2. The event type of product is not okay: WE NEED TO BE ABLE TO CREATE A REAL PHYSICAL PRODUCT BUT A NEW OPTION SHOULD BE AVAILABLE IN 'PICKUP AND DELIVERY' AND SHOULD BE CALLED LIKE I MENTIONNED IN MY FIRST POST.
  3. The event type of product creates a button called 'attend': NOT OKAY!
  4. The batch problem. We can't create batches of product. So, we have to wait for the pickup date before selling our new batch because (I think) square will send an email to customers telling them that the event date has changed (if we change event date for other batches of product coming later). Very unconvenient.

I think that it would be easy to create such a functionality because it's already there. The 'Event' type of product is very similar to what I suggest. 

MORE FEATURES REQUESTED:

• We want to change the font size in header and footer
  • We want to change the font type in header and footers! Right now, even if we upload our own font, header and footer always have the same basic parameters (elegant... modern... vintage...)
  • We want to create a multi-language store. Right now, on my store, I had to name every button both French and English. It takes lots of space, and the buttons only show English.
  • We want to be able to easily rename titles and buttons! Right now all titles and buttons can't be edited.
  • It seems there's a problem with the customs color for the website. The theme color just doesn't work, and it's limited to a few colors. Please create a more customizable platform, but keep its simplicity.

That's it!

Thanks.

Phil

toiiak.com

Message 5 of 10

YES to all of this!!!

Message 6 of 10

YES!  Single day Pickups for special occasions, fundraisers etc.

Message 7 of 10
Beta Member

Been requesting this forever it seems....they've updated the interface look on the POS,etc which didnt even need updating, but major requests like this that everyone ask for....go unnoticed.

Message 8 of 10
Square Community Moderator

Thank you for leaving your feedback! We will make sure to pass this along to the teams, and will update the threads when we have new information to provide. 

Message 9 of 10

totally agree that this is desperately needed!!

Message 10 of 10