x

Square Marketing - VIew who opened your campaign

How can I view who opens my campain?  Square only gives a percentage from what I can see.  I dont find this especially helpful.  Want to know who is in that percentage so I can target those who frequently open my campaigs.

Message 1 of 15
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @LYP

Welcome to the Seller Community and thanks for posting!

While you can track how many people opened your email, how many clicked to learn more, and the total number of offers redeemed, unfortunately you’re unable to view the details of the customer who’ve redeemed your offers.

You can export your customer directory to see who has opted out of campaigns if that helps any. 

How would you use this data if it became available in the future? 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Best Answer

Hi @LYP

Welcome to the Seller Community and thanks for posting!

While you can track how many people opened your email, how many clicked to learn more, and the total number of offers redeemed, unfortunately you’re unable to view the details of the customer who’ve redeemed your offers.

You can export your customer directory to see who has opted out of campaigns if that helps any. 

How would you use this data if it became available in the future? 

Message 2 of 15

My question is not to see who redeemed an offer. I want to be able to see who is opening the emails. If I can see that regularly, then I can target those who will highly likely read my email. Otherwise I’m paying to send emails to customers who never opened and that’s a waste of my money. Makes me not want to use use marketing if I can’t get the insights I really need. 

Message 3 of 15

@LYP Thanks for clarifying and explaining your need for this. 

While you're not able to view which customers opened your emails, you make a good case for the ability to do so since it would help with targeting a more successful audience in the future. 

I'll advocate for this ability to our Marketing team and hopefully we can reprioritize this in the future. 

Message 4 of 15

I would also like to see who is opening and interacting with the emails being sent. The cost of this marketing option with square is to high to not be able to do that. Mailchimp is significantly more cost effective and you have the ability to view who interacts with your emails.

Message 5 of 15
Admin

Thank you for checking in here, @Agent929 and @glyph. I went to look for updates on this request but there isn't anything that I can share out at this time. Rest assured that I've surfaced your posts with our Marketing team and pointed out that this feature is critical for your business needs.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 6 of 15
Beta Member

This is a basic feature of Mail Chimp and Constant Contact and it is a critical element for email marketing.

Message 7 of 15
Beta Member

Hello, any update on seening the customers who opened campaigns

Message 8 of 15

Hello @APS, we're still in the process of collecting feedback for this feature. I'll make sure to flag your comment to the Marketing Team. 

Message 9 of 15

I just sent my first email campaign, and was disappointed to find I could not view any data on the this.  I'm surprised there is no way to track who opens and interacts with the campaign.  It looks like this thread is several months old, and appears not to be resolved.  If this doesn't become availabe in the next few weeks I am going to have to cancel my trial subscription. 

Message 10 of 15

This reply was created by merging the thread "how do i know which email recipient(s) actually opened my link?".

RE: marketing campaigns using email list: how do i know 'which' email recipient(s) actually opened my link? i know 'how many' but not 'which person'

Message 11 of 15

Hello @virginiap

I went ahead and merged your thread since this questions been asked before. Currently you can't view which customers opened the marketing email. I recommend checking out EJ's answer on the first thread. He explains how you can determine which customers have unsubscribed which might help! 

Message 12 of 15

This comment was created by merging the thread "view who opens campaign"

Have you been able to get developers to add the feature to view what e-mail clients have interacted with campaign?

Message 13 of 15

Hello @nancyforman

I went ahead and merged your thread into this one, since we're tracking feedback here. We don't have any updates to share yet. But this is where we will share them! 

Message 14 of 15

We're also interested in more data from our email deployments. Without it, we're unable to create our most effective campaign.

As others have noted, seeing who opened the email is a basic feature in every other email marketing platform I've used.

Disappointing that it isn't available through Square.

Message 15 of 15