x

Square Online: Print order delivery information on POS receipt

Super Seller

Square Online: Print order delivery information on POS receipt

Hi all, 

Just wondering if there is a way to print a receipt from an online order showing both the delivery amount and the address.

At the moment we have 1 docket from the order showing the address and then have to print a receipt from our transaction list to show the driver the delivery fees.

Please advise if a receipt with delivery address from the orders section.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes
3 Comments
Admin

Hey again @dimo10!

Not at the moment unfortunately - the ability to display a customer address on a printed/electronic receipt is something we've seen a few requests for in the past, but unfortunately it's not doable right now. I can see how it'd be handy to be able to do this though, not only for orders but for places like medical businesses that require having customer addresses on invoices in some instances.

I think the main technical reason here is that we've got two very different systems operating the printing of those separate slips. The order flow coming from Square Online is based off the order instance routing through Weebly (who build Square Online) into Square's POS. Meanwhile, the receipt is coming from Square's main system - so those things can't be merged, I imagine, without some significant engineering work on the back end.

With that said, we've been continuing to better merge Square POS with Square Online for a while now, so it's always possible in the future. Not sure if or when, however if I hear of any changes I'll make an update on this forum.

If you can tell me more about the scenario where the driver would need to see delivery fees, this would give an example of a use case to pass on! 

Super Seller

Hi @Seamus 

We set up our delivery service during Covid at a time when we didn't know what was going to happen next. We had a really bad week and I also noticed our local taxi drivers had no work also, so I decided to approach them with the idea that they set their fees to deliver and I will use my online ordering system to process the payments upfront and they invoice me at the end of the month.

This has been working great with my previous provider where a tax invoice with all customers details including the delivery fee was printed out.

Now I have to complete the order in "orders" and then it give me the option to see then click View transaction details then hit New Receipt and then print.

Very time consuming as we are a busy fish and chip shop and I don't always have immediate access to the POS when the taxi driver.

Really taking to much time for something that should be able to be printed from the initial order arrival stage.

Admin

Thanks for the additional context @dimo10, I'm glad you shared this! It shows a really innovative way of doing business and collaborating during COVID, and highlights a new way this feature would provide benefit to Square sellers.

I can't make any guarantees on whether this may become a feature in the future, but I'm going move this thread to our Feature Requests board for tracking.

In your scenario, would it be of any help to print multiples of the same receipt/order stub when orders come in, as a workaround?