x
Beta Member

Square Register Retail Numeric Keypad or Keyboard Screen with Numeric Option

Hello,

I use the Square Register for retail. I am constantly having to switch between the alphabetic keyboard screen and number screen to enter SKUʻs that contain numbers and letters. 

1. Is there a way to customize or change the built in keypad screen to show both numbers and letter on one screen?

2. Is there a compatible USP Numeric Keypad? 

We currently do not use barcodes, I would prefer not to have to retag every item in the store.

Thank you in advance. 

K

Message 1 of 5
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Square Register Retail Numeric Keypad or Keyboard Screen with Numeric Option

Welcome to the Community, @taropatch

Appreciate you reaching out about this feature on the Square Register. 

After doing some digging and speaking with our Hardware Team, what you're looking for is a Feature Request. 

I've escalated this internally to our Product Team, so they can take a look. Once more information is provided, a Community Moderator will post a Product Update announcement. 

4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Welcome to the Community, @taropatch

Appreciate you reaching out about this feature on the Square Register. 

After doing some digging and speaking with our Hardware Team, what you're looking for is a Feature Request. 

I've escalated this internally to our Product Team, so they can take a look. Once more information is provided, a Community Moderator will post a Product Update announcement. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5

In Square for retail checkout - is there an option for a pop up numeric keypad when doing an item search? By tapping the numbers they appear on the keyboard but in a business that uses numeric skus this would help!

Message 3 of 5
Alumni

Does this post by @taropatch sound like what you're looking for?

If so, @Kassi confirmed here that this would currently be considered a feature request.

Let us know if this isn't what you were looking for!

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5

This is exactly what our business needs also. Is there a way to further plead the case of a feature request? 

Message 5 of 5