x

Square for Restaurants: Is there a way to track cook times and if food has been sent to a table?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Marking kitchen tickets as complete?

In Square for Restaurants, is there a way for the kitchen and/or servers to mark a kitchen ticket as complete? I'm trying to track cook times as well as monitor whether or not food has been sent to a table.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

@davisn4561 I checked with the Square for Restaurants team for you and it's currently not possible to track food prepration/cook times with the Restaurants app at this time.

But I agree it would be a really useful thing to keep track of so I've added this to our Feature Request board. We'll let you know about if there's a way to do this in future. 

In the meantime, some restaurants will mark up the paper tickets to indicate the food/order is ready to take. Is that something you're already doing? 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 4

Yes, we're marking tickets now when there are a large number of items on a ticket. The direction we were headed was to try to have a kitchen display for Square that's attached to active kitchen tickets and use that to track how long items are taking to prepare. It's basically just a streamlining process we're working on.

Message 3 of 4

Have you found solution for the problem you are looking to determine the preparation time in kitchen from order placement to deliver to the table? 

And is there a way to display the order paced time on the kitchen receipt?

Message 4 of 4