x

Customize and Filter Purchase Orders

Beta Member

Customize and Filter Purchase Orders

just have a few tips to see if you can pass down to the tech team. Thank you again. 

- (Inventory Management -> Purchase Order) Section. I think it would be great if it was some type of customization in this section. Because when I send purchase orders they look very plain. I think it would be great if I could add some more info like (Business Logo, Business Info, Ship to, Bill To Account #, or things like that) or edit or remove from the purchase order sections like (Fee, Price with Fee, and Status) no everyone use that and they make the purchase order more confusing. 
- (Inventory Management -> Purchase Order) Screen. I think this screen area is messy for people that have many orders. In my case, in less than 2 month that I have been using this tool I already have over 30 orders, and it can be hard for me to find which order I'm working on, because in the same screen it shows too many orders, even the ones that have been completed. So I tend to filter and uncheck orders received and canceled that way it shows less orders but when I login again that settings didn't save. I think it would be great if there was a drop down to filter vendors as well. 
9 Comments

Is there a way to customize purchase orders? In other words, instead of a vendor code couldn't it just use the SKU instead?

Admin

Hey @Cory152004, welcome to the Seller Community!

Yes—the vendor code field is flexible for your business organizational and reference needs. You can certainly add the SKU in that field.

For more general details, have a look here: Vendor Management.

Hope this helps clear things up. Please don't hesitate to let us know if any other questions come up!

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Different Name and descriptions on PO and Sales Receipt]

When adding items into our inventory management in Square is it possible to put additional description in the name and item information that will go on the PO to the vendor, but limit the description that shows up on the Sales receipt and printing of the labels? If so where do I put each information on the new inventory items in order to make that happen? I see variations but not sure if that is what I need or not. 

Alumni

Hey @layeredhome,

Welcome to the Seller Community. With Square for Retail, the ability to customize Purchase Orders and sales receipts is currently not available. We definitely understand how useful this could be, but the minute we update this feature, we will let our sellers know. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

Beta Member

I'd like to add freight charges to purchase orders so the PO matches the actual bill. Is there a way to do it? Our prior POS would also distribute the freight (or other) charges evenly to the cost of received items when the PO was accepted into inventory. 

Square Community Moderator

Hi! Thanks so much for posting. I've merged your post to an existing thread so we can keep similar requests in one area. For now, this is a feature request, but you can add it as a tax as a workaround for now. 

I've passed your feature request to the Retail Development team as well. Let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂

Alumni

Thanks for surfacing your ideas! Just so our Product Team sees, moving your post to our Feature Request board for tracking. 

@danteyad

Is it possible to change template of purchase orders that are generated in pdf? E.g. Add Logo? Also is it possible to have different shipping and billing address on purchase orders? E.g. bill to address that is different than ship to address? Seems like there is only one address for location, so if we want to have this location on receipts but different location on ship to purchase orders is not possible. Also is it possible to remove some columns from pdf generated purchase orders? E.g. we would like to have "Fee" and "Price w/ Fee" columns removed from Generated Purchase Order pdf. Also we would like to have removed "Created Using Square www.squareup.com" .

Square Community Moderator

Hi and welcome to the Seller Community!! I've merged your feature request to another thread so we can keep all the feedback in one place. Thank you so much for taking the time to post this as well. 🙂