x

Is there a way to import items with vendor and vendor code?

Is there a way to import items with vendor and vendor code?

I have a spreadsheet that has my vendor info as well as their code (product number).  Unfortunately the template that you download from the Square Item management page does not include this information.  Is there a way to do this; i.e add a vendor and vendor code column?

36 Comments
Alumni

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback here, @TOTCshop. This is definitely the type of insight that our product teams look for to help them determine feature improvements. I'll make sure to pass it on for you!

Super Seller

[This post originated in: Is there a way to import items with vendor and vendor code?]

I definitely need this feature too. I'm importing from Quickbooks POS and I need my items to be associated with vendors. 

Also, I need UPC, as some items we print barcodes with our SKU, and books we just scan UPC.

Also, I need vendor's product number. I do not want to put it in product name or description, but I need it when reordering, as name is usually not sufficient. 

Admin

Hey @TCSlaguna, thanks for sharing your business needs—I will be sure to surface your post with our Retail Team.

I went to check for any developments on this request, but there isn't anything that I can access at this time. Please do keep in touch for updates as we'll circle back here with any developments.

Super Seller

@Spenser  @Tom , Vendor Code should be available on Edit Item page, and should always be associated with an item. 

Reordering products purely by name, without the Vendor Code, is impossible for my store. 

Also, when importing items, Vendor and Vendor Code should be columns in Import Template. 

I really need these features for Square Retail to work at my store. 

Super Seller

Hi Tom. Let me clarify some operational issues I am having with Vendor and Vendor Codes. 

1) From Inventory -> Vendor -> Item Library, I have to click the name of every product to reveal Vendor Code. Very tedious process just to see them. 
2) From Inventory -> Purchase Order -> Create Purchase Order, I do not have the ability to type/search the Vendor Code. That means I have to print out the list from #1 in order to have a list of SKU and Vendor Code, then input SKU in Purchase Order. This is quite inconvenient as I usually order by looking at a vendor's catalog, which has their Vendor Code. 
3) The inability to export my Item List with Vendor and Vendor Code leaves me with an incomplete list, which is very worrisome. 
Admin

Thanks for taking the time to reply with that information, @TCSlaguna.

I'm creating a separate thread for your request so that we can better track this with the Retail Team. In addition, I'l be sure these details get logged appropriately. We'll circle back with any other updates as they become available.

Thanks for your patience!

I agree that a way to get information into system easier on vendors but especially get any information out of the system by vendor is a crucial reporting capability. Why bother to enter vendor for each product if you can't get reports on what is sold by vendor???? I'm close to re-doing my entire inventory to use category as vendor because I can at least get reports on sales by category. Not really eager to make this massive change in my inventory because it would be a large manual process (given that I can't get the vendor data out of system). Help us out here.

Admin

Really sorry for the frustration this is causing @purplebutterfly. This request is definitely on the Retail team's radar but I can't share a date for when vendor reporting might be available. 

I do appreciate that overhauling your inventory is not ideal, I'm very sorry. I've shared your post with the Retail team so they can better understand the implications this has for your business and so they provide a solution, soon! 

Any update on this? This is business critical. Thanks!

Admin

Not yet @wcpbend. This is a top feature request and the Retail team is working on it. When we have any updates we'll update this thread and you'll be notified automatically!