x

Square for restaurants: Ability to edit grid layout?

Does anyone know if the buttons in the POS are customizeable via the app and not just the website dashboard? The regular square app has this feature, and if Square for Restaurants doesn’t, it’s a deal breaker.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Hey @FreretBeerRoom, welcome to the seller community and thanks for surfacing this. Are you referring to editing the grid layout? At this time, the ability to make changes is only available from the online Square Dashboard:

1. Navigate to Home > Menus.
  2. Select the menu you’d like to edit the grid layout for or create a new menu.
  3. Click Grid Layout.
  4. Hover over the grid and click + to add items, display groups, or functions.
  5. Customize tile size and order > Save.

Can you share more information on why in-app editing for this is important for your business? I'd like to make sure our Restaurants Team has as much insight as possible as they're actively making iterations based on seller feedback. Thanks for your help with this.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 3

I would like this ability as well.  For one it is nice durring specials to be able to move things around for a limmited time.  Also, I want my staff to be able to add a special from the POS app.  

Message 3 of 3