x

Square register - Customers - Groups

Good Evening all, 

First off, I am super happy that we can add customer to the transaction at the point of sale. That's HUGE!

I'm also thrilled that we can edit customer's infromation right there on the spo while they're shopping.

One question: I'm using groups to dileneate which customer belong in which discount group. For some reason, the group info isn't "clickable" on the "Customers" tab on the register, nor on the transaction, in "edit customer info." Here are my groups I've added: 

VIP 10%

Inner Circle 20%

Special Preferred 40%

and a few others...

This information is MEGA IMPORTANT when ringing a regular customer. Rather than going to safari on the iPad to look up that info (which holds up the line), can we make that available on the POS?

How can we get this info available at the point of sale?

Thanks!

Keep being STELLAR!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Square Community Moderator

Hi there!

We definitely agree that you should be able to not only view groups of existing customers, but also add new customers to specific groups from the app as well!

Our engineering team is actively working on this, and it should be fixed within the next few updates.

Keep an eye out for the latest version of Square Register with the updates and fixes!

Message 2 of 11

Hi @EJ_

Any news? It's totally a pain in the tush to have a list at the register with who's in with each group. We put people in groups for a reason. So if we're not able to pull up that information at the point of sale, it's kind of a waste.

Keep me in the loop, please.

🙂

Message 3 of 11

Nothing new as of today unfortunately. I don't have an exact timeframe, but hopefully it's sooner rather than later. 

Message 4 of 11

Did this update ever happen?

Message 5 of 11

Hi @EZPZBaby

This should be updated within the Square Point of Sale app. 

Now when you pull up the Customers tab within the app, you can select a specific group and view the members of that group. 

You can also search by name, email, or phone number to locate a customer easily. 

Message 6 of 11

It only let's me pull up everyone in that group since the beginning of my account. It does not let me choose a date range and doesn't show what the client purchased. 

Message 7 of 11

@EZPZBaby Currently those are the only available features at this time. 

What would be the exact use case for viewing date range and what the customer purchased within the app?

Was there a specific situation that you're needing this for that I can bring back to our Product Team?

Message 8 of 11

I assigned a group to constomers who were referred from another company. I now need to know which of those has that group for this year only, their totals and their invoice number I assigned. When I sort them by group I get past years in the excell sheet, it's exports more blank spaces than it does needed information. Once I take out all the blanks, and $0 entries, I end up with 3 lines: name, date paid and an incorrect total. Seems like with the filter you could sort the needed information without having many years with the totals of each year grouped together. 

Message 9 of 11

I think tis has been discussed under a different thread, about which customer(s) purchased what item.
However....
Adding a summary display of how much a customer spends whether yearly, quarterly, monthly, etc would be hlepful for customer discount incentives, besides "rewards points." Also, if a set of custmers (group) were referred from, to, or transferred, logging this information or having access to it at POS is VERY helpful.

Message 10 of 11

Thanks for the details on this @Stellar732 and @EZPZBaby

This kind of information is what our Product Team loves to read. I'll be sure to have them check this thread out and hopefully we get something implemented in the near future to help with this. 

Message 11 of 11