x
Beta Member

Start Ticket by Entering Phone Number

When creating a ticket - we would prefer to be prompted to enter a phone number and if there is a match - to add this as the Customer for the transaction. If there is no match to prompt for contact info. Right now, when you create a ticket, you enter the person's name - but there is no search function - and you ahve to close the ticket - and go back into it to be able to add customer info - which is time consuming and inefficient.

James Wilkinson
Message 1 of 9
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

We meet again @JPWilkinson😀

After doing some testing I see what you mean in regards to adding a customer to a ticket. I agree, it would be a lot easier just to open the ticket and add a customer all in one step. The search functionality for phone number would be awesome, but a bit difficult to build out to scale, but I will share this request with our Point of Sale Team! 

If you have any other questions please let me know! 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Best Answer

We meet again @JPWilkinson😀

After doing some testing I see what you mean in regards to adding a customer to a ticket. I agree, it would be a lot easier just to open the ticket and add a customer all in one step. The search functionality for phone number would be awesome, but a bit difficult to build out to scale, but I will share this request with our Point of Sale Team! 

If you have any other questions please let me know! 

Message 2 of 9
Beta Member

@Chad

Really - it should be quite simple. When opening a ticket - the "Add Customer" screen should come up and you search for the customer this way. If they do not come up, then you have the immediate choice of adding them as a new customer.

In the interim, do you have any suggestions on how to speed up the process as it stands?

James Wilkinson
Message 3 of 9

Hey @JPWilkinson

Currently I don't have a workaround for this since you need to create the ticket and then add a customer after the fact. Although, your post is now on the feature request board so other sellers can see it and chime in! 

Message 4 of 9
Beta Member

@Chad

Hey there! It's been a cuple months since we've chatted about this and now - this has become critical for our operations... with an added twist. When we create a ticket - we need a screen to open up that allows for client searching and assigning and then a list of employees with certain roles, i.e. a list of Barbers and then a list of Bartenders. We would need to assign a customer, a berber and a bartender. This would allow us then to work with you further to advance the ability for the tips portion of the POS where at the tip portion of the POS screen, the customer can choose to tip the barber a certain amount and also tip the bartender a certain amount - with a further advance on the POS to then when the barber and bartender clock out - to provide a read out of the tips that was given in the system and then when then clock out a print out of those tips to be done - so that a payout can be done to whomever is clocking out. This would require too a further button on the clock out / in screen to say end of shift - as people do need to clock in and out for breaks etc. So the end of shift button would show the final hours worked and then the tips to be paid out that went through the system.

James Wilkinson
Message 5 of 9
Beta Member

clock-in.png

Here is a mock-up of what our clock-in / out screen would be. Each employee would have a pic taken and then the roles attributed to them would be listed below their name - with the option of clocking in or out and then ending their shift.

James Wilkinson
Message 6 of 9
Beta Member

tip-screen.png

A mock-up of the tip screen we'd do, split between the roles assigned to the ticket when created. The tip selection, 15%, 20% and 25% would turn blue when selected and the tip for the role would update and the total tip would update.

James Wilkinson
Message 7 of 9

Hey @JPWilkinson, I hope you're doing well! 

I'm sorry about the delay in getting back to you. It sounds like you might be interested in Square's API's at this point. This is a pretty customized setup that you've described. You could probably higher a developer to build a custom app for you! 

You can check out the Point of Sale API Overview, which lists the base requirements for the Point of Sale API. 

Message 8 of 9
Beta Member

@Chad We really need to have a double tip system put in place. Our bartenders are complaining that they perform service for a barbershop client - and do so brilliantly - but when the customer pays their bill, the entire tip goes to the barber since it is registered to the barber.

James Wilkinson
Message 9 of 9