x

Suggestion: Gift Card/Promo Code

This is not so much a question but a suggestions - my customers are not seeing the Promo Code/Gift Card option because they have to select it during the check out to make it appear.  Why can't it already be visable during check out (like the image below)?  When they don't enter promo codes (i.e. discounts) they are entitled to, it means I pay a higher percentage and spend extra time sending refunds.   Capture.PNG

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi @LDS

Thanks for sharing your thoughts around this. How many of your customers is this happening to?

I can see how making the option more visible, or even having it open by default, could help with making it more user friendly on the customer side. 

This isn't something that I've heard before, so I'll let our Online Store team know it's something you'd like to see moving forward. 

Message 2 of 5

Having it open by default would be ideal.  We just started our registration so have only recieved a few (3-4) so far, but they have all neglected to enter a promo code that could have been applied.  We've taken other steps to make them more obvious, but having the field open be default might help the situation - and everyone appreciates less clicks. 

Message 3 of 5

Just wanted to follow up on this issue - my customers are still missing the promo code section in my online store.  I feel like I am now forced to add a section explaining how to make the promo code field visible, and I don't think I should have to do that!  I would like to see it visible by default.

Message 4 of 5
Admin

Hey @LDS. Sorry that your customers are still having a difficult time navigating the Promo/Discount section. I'll continue to share this feedback with our Online Store Team. If any updates become available on this, we'll be sure to share them here in the Community.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 5 of 5