x

Terminal connected to stand?

Beta Member

Terminal connected to stand?

I put this under feature request because I am pretty sure it's not possible but maybe it is and if it's not it would be cool. It would be really nice if you could connect the square stand to the terminal, then use it like they have debit machines at major grocery stores. Put all the items in on the stand and then when you go to checkout have it send the sale to the terminal. Have the terminal by the customer on a stand which it would show up and they can pay. Then less people have to touch it and less of it getting moved around so much. Tmmrw is my first day using the little terminal and I am excited to see how to works 🙂 even without this part.

8 Comments
Square Community Moderator

Heya @MattHebb1995,

Definitely a feature request! The Terminal isn't designed to connect to anything since it's all in one but I see what you mean by this and how that could be a nice setup.

Congrats on your new Terminal though! Sellers really seem to love it so I'm sure you will too. 

Beta Member

With COVID and table service outside, it would be great if the terminal could be used by our bartenders to go outside with it, take orders, and then when people are ready to pay, instead of them having to come inside, that the open tickets would show, and they could pay for their bill at the table.

Alumni

@JPWilkinson

That's doable - as long as the wifi can extend outside, Also, make sure open tickets are enabled in settings on each device so all tickets are accessible from any Terminal. 

Beta Member

@JustinC we are a barbershop / bar / cafe / restaurant and we use open tickets exclusively - so both iPads that are in Square Stands have open tickets activated.

What I want to ensure is that the handheld, portable terminal acts just like the POS on an iPad? Bartenders can go to tables, create an open ticket, by first entering a phone number that looks up to the database of clients we already have - or will create a new client record if that number is not recognized? And when they want to have people pay, they would have the option of selecting the open ticket from the POS system on the iPad in the Square stand, or access open tickets with the portable terminal and have the customer pay and add a tip, etc with the terminal? And then pay as they normally would is they were using the Square Stand reader? Is there a price difference with using the terminal vs the stand reader?

Hey! I'm stepping in for Justin to answer real quick - yes, the Square Terminal will work with your other Square devices (Square Stand) as you expect/hope it to and they will share open ticket information. 🙂

Beta Member

Just got logged in on here since a while ago, the square terminal works with the stand now? How so

Hi there, @MattHebb1995 - thanks for dropping a line here. Currently the Terminal is not compatible with the Square Stand. We are using this thread to mark and keep tabs of outstanding Feature Requests for integration between the two.

Let us know if you have any questions! 

Beta Member

Oh cool I was just checkin in haha