x

Why is there no photo when i post a link to my products on Social media

Just wondering why there's no photo when I post a link to my website or a product on social media.  I attached a photo of what it looks like. Hope someone can help

Screenshot_20200512-141224_Facebook.jpg

Message 1 of 52
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

I think I actually.solved this. Go to SEO & social media under website. On your over iew page. And then upload a photo to the facebook link section let me know I this works. 🙂

Screenshot_20210228-173857_Chrome.jpg

View Best Answer >

Message 41 of 52
51 REPLIES 51
Beta Member

Any update on this? This has been a know issue for years. This is a huge problem that hinders sales for all of us that use your Online site.

Message 22 of 52
Alumni

Hey @ExpRobot - Adam, one of our Square Online exports mentioned it not being an option for checkout links through social media. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 23 of 52

I've been sharing links to social media and the product images don't show up

Message 24 of 52
Admin

Thanks for your post and welcome to Seller Community, @Mushroomjesus.

Checkout links do not currently use an image when shared to social media, unfortunately. I'm merging your post into another thread about this so that if this changes you can be updated more easily.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 25 of 52

Thanks for the heads up. I can and have been adding an image to the post. I'm not a code guy but know it would be an easy thing to attach an image to the actual link. 

Thanks again ✌️

Message 26 of 52

Hi Everyone. I need some help. 

I have created a donation item and am sharing the link via social media and mobile.  When I access the link directly from a browser - the image shows up nicely, but when sent via mobile or on socials (facebook, etc) the preview image is the square logo rather than my own image. This is what I see: 

Screen Shot 2020-10-17 at 10.30.16 AM.png

How do I change the settings so the preview link shows my own image?

https://checkout.square.site/buy/QNFP37JTC7SVE4ZURHGWAKJ7

Message 27 of 52
Admin

Thanks for posting, @DiversityKidz, and welcome to Seller Community!

Checkout links currently will only use a default image when shared on social media or through messaging apps. We're tracking this request for our Product team, so if this changes we will post again and let everyone know!

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 28 of 52

Hi, 

My home page have a category image as a preview but it does not show when I share on Facebook. I don't understand because on page setting it clearly show me how it is going to appeared when shared. I used the Facebook debugger but nothing change. Can anyone help me ?

Message 29 of 52
Admin

Hey @louis999!

I believe @DiversityKidz had this issue as well. Did you find a solution @DiversityKidz

I went ahead and merged your question with theirs

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 30 of 52

Hi! I'm really happy that I've managed to build my new shop, however, I just went to share on FB and no photos populate. H

Message 31 of 52

Screenshot of what I'm seeing.Screenshot from 2021-01-20 10-43-37.png

Message 32 of 52
Admin

Hey @marinadobbie- Check out this thread I merged your question to. This is a known issue at the moment that our team is working on. If it changes, we'll update everyone here.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 33 of 52

Ah! I guess I'm glad to know it's not just me, but it also makes me a bit sad to know that it's an issue that hasn't been resolved. My sales rely entirely on what people can see.

Thanks for the reply though, it is much appreciated!!

Message 34 of 52

When I share my shop link on Facebook or messenger there is no photos attached to the link. Only the website name. No descriptions or anything. 

I would like some help to make my shared links look nicer and more appealing.

Message 35 of 52
Admin

Hey @Matthewsmandala!

Welcome to the Seller Community

Are you copying and pasting a Square Checkout link or your Square Online site link?

Let me know! 👩🏼‍💻

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 36 of 52

Hi, I accidentally pressed best answer lol. 

OK I'm just getting my link from the address bar. Am I supposed to make a custom link called a checkout link instead? 

Message 37 of 52

From my understanding. A checkout link can only link a single item. A donation or requesting a payment from somebody. What I want it to just share my website. With the main picture. Or better yet my logo. All I'm seeing is that it's impossible. Please help.

Message 38 of 52

Screenshot_20210226-235228_Facebook.jpg

 I just want to share my shops home page. No thumbnail 😞

Message 39 of 52
Alumni

Stepping in for Isabelle! I'm afraid this is a known issue our Engineers are aware of and are working to fix. No word yet on the resolution but we'll update this thread when we know more.

@Matthewsmandala

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 40 of 52

Best Answer

I think I actually.solved this. Go to SEO & social media under website. On your over iew page. And then upload a photo to the facebook link section let me know I this works. 🙂

Screenshot_20210228-173857_Chrome.jpg

Message 41 of 52
Admin

Thanks for sharing @Matthewsmandala!

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 42 of 52