x

Time Based Category Shopping Feature Request

Hi Square! I'm a bakery owner and would love to see an expansion on your new time based category feature. We have created an interesting solution to inventory management using your platform by creating a new "location" for every day of the week that we are open (even though we just have 1 physical location). I load up the inventory for our projected bake for every day of the week in bulk in Excel on Mondays then am done with that until the next week (thank you for that ability!!).

What I haven't figured out is how to address that all of our items are not available first thing when we open, but come out of the oven throughout the day. My customers like to preorder everything day(s) in advance sometimes or they sometimes order same day. Is there a way for the customer to select a time and day for pickup then see the menu of what is available during that time? This would help us so much; not having people show up before their order is ready. We do have a lot of language to wait for the text if curbside, but it's hard to teach so many people to look at the details. Thanks for any ideas!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Hey @genlusmith

Thank you for reaching out in the Community with your voice on our newest feature. 

This helps us evolve the features to what our sellers will utilize it for. I will go ahead and tag this as a Feature Request. 

I appreciate your time! 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3

This is a feature that is also of interest to me. Are there any updates on when this feature will be available? Any proposed work arounds?  Thank you!

Message 3 of 3