x
Highlighted

Using Terminal with Appointments?

I'm an appointment based business and I just purchased the Terminal, not realizing it doesn't connect to the app to process the checkout. If I process a client's transaction on the Terminal, how do I then complete the appointment checkout in Appointments without it asking for payment again? I tried to open a ticket first, but there doesn't seem to be a way to open a ticket with the actual appointment. 

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted

Re: Using Terminal with Appointments?

Hi, I am a service based business as well, unfortunately their is no way to do that yet. This is a feature that should be added to the square terminals! 

Message 2 of 19
Highlighted

So do you just leave your appointments checked in on the Appointment app and process the transaction for the amount of the appointment through Terminal? I'm just trying to figure out how this works

Message 3 of 19
Highlighted

@renee123  Yes currently that is what I do, which is a bit of a pain sometimes. I wish they had a separate way to close the appointment from a payment and/or link a previous transaction to the appointment. @Helen & @Kassi_  is this something we can request?

Message 4 of 19
Highlighted
Admin

Hey there, @meggyj113

Definitely! I will go ahead and tag this as a Feature Request for our Product Team. 

Thank you for reaching out about it! 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 19
Highlighted

Is there any update on this particular issue. If there will be a solution soon?

Message 6 of 19
Highlighted
Admin

Hi @Mrs-hack! Thanks for reaching out and checking in on this feature. We don't have a shareable timeline or update just yet but look to have some positive news on this front very soon.

We appreciate your patience!

Joe
Message 7 of 19
Highlighted

@Joe Thanks for the quick reply and very excited to see it in the future. 

Message 8 of 19
Highlighted
Admin

@Mrs-hack 📈🙌

Joe
Message 9 of 19
Highlighted

Ditto to all of this!  Will be an incredible update- when this is released, how will users be informed? Should i  keep checking back on this thread or there will be an announcement when we sign into our accounts? I'm new to square so still learning how new releases are communicated to end users 🙂   

Thanks!

Sciortino's Hairstyling

(New Jersey)

Message 10 of 19