x
Highlighted

Using Terminal with Appointments?

I'm an appointment based business and I just purchased the Terminal, not realizing it doesn't connect to the app to process the checkout. If I process a client's transaction on the Terminal, how do I then complete the appointment checkout in Appointments without it asking for payment again? I tried to open a ticket first, but there doesn't seem to be a way to open a ticket with the actual appointment. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Using Terminal with Appointments?

Hi, I am a service based business as well, unfortunately their is no way to do that yet. This is a feature that should be added to the square terminals! 

Message 2 of 6
Highlighted

So do you just leave your appointments checked in on the Appointment app and process the transaction for the amount of the appointment through Terminal? I'm just trying to figure out how this works

Message 3 of 6
Highlighted

@renee123  Yes currently that is what I do, which is a bit of a pain sometimes. I wish they had a separate way to close the appointment from a payment and/or link a previous transaction to the appointment. @Helen & @Kassi_  is this something we can request?

Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
Admin

Hey there, @meggyj113

Definitely! I will go ahead and tag this as a Feature Request for our Product Team. 

Thank you for reaching out about it! 

Message 5 of 6
Highlighted

Feature Request: Save Square Appointment Checkout Transactions to Square POS App

I purchased the Square Terminal for use in my salon. I looked more professional and instilled more trust from my clients when using their credit card when completing a transaction. When I began checking out clients on the Appointments app, I noticed I could not 'Save' the transaction at checkout so that I could pull it up on the Square Terminal; I had to use the reader on my phone. 

Since I have returned the Square Terminal but I would like to get it again.

The Feature Request is for the 'Save' button in the Appointments app and the ability of those saved transactions to be accessible from the Square POS 'Tickets' list.

When the client pays for their services, they would have the ability to pay with their credit card or apple device on the Square Terminal and the Appointment reflect as Transaction Complete in the Appointment App. 

Message 6 of 6