x

average daily sale reporting

What I wish Square had (or that I could find) was a way to get your average daily sale number in the dashboard without having to do any math!  My Point of Sale app will do that in the Report-Sales tab.  Why can't  I do this from my dashboard on my computer?  I happen to have my own iPad at home...but not a printer!  I can mail it to myself, but come on!  I can go into transactions on the dashboard and select a time frame and do the math myself, but we should be able to run a report for this across the board to see trends for our business.  The Transactions page prominently displays Number of transactions, Total collected, and Net Sales, but it needs to add what the Average Sale is as well for the time period selected.  Am I missing something?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @Twistedhornmead, sorry I didn't see this earlier! 

Have you checked out the Sales Summary option? This will allow you to select a specific time frame and you will get a summary of the days sales and you can compare to other days of the week. You can also use the sales trend tab. Just for clarification are you looking for the average ticket size? 

Message 2 of 6

Hi Chad!  Yes...the average ticket size.    It gives me this info on the iPad in the Sales reports section right at the top, but the emailed version doesn't contain that.  And that is not in the Daily Sales Summary on the dashboard without going into Transactions and doing thet math myself.  At least I can't find it specifically.  It gives merchants a better idea regarding their sales trends...is it a lot of people buying a little, or a few people buying a lot.  It helps with marketing and upselling if necessary, and is a good peice of data to have on the backend, not up front at the counter.

Message 3 of 6

@Twistedhornmead, I see what you mean now. Currently the average sale metric is only avalible in the Point of Sale app right now. I will definitely flag this post for our Product Team so they can take a look at your suggestion! 😀

Message 4 of 6

@Chad  Thank you!

Message 5 of 6

We would really like to see this report as well.

Message 6 of 6