x

choose multiple items from price point/variation at check out

I use the variations alot for example: I have multiple sizes for tshirts or a variety of names for cds or books.

When it comes time to checking out and the person wants 2 different cds or 3 different tshirt sizes I have to:

1. choose the item

2. choose the variation (size or cd name)

3. click add which then adds the item but then it kicks me out to do it again.

In other words if the person wants 3 different shirt sizes I have to do that 3 different times. Is there a way to simply choose several items at the same time (like you can do with the modifiers). I don't choose modifiers because I need to track inventory and modifiers won't do that....

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hey @chinabriceno, welcome to the seller community and thanks for bringing this up.

I went to check on this, and there isn't a way to change the selection flow for variations at checkout right now. That being said, I do have a couple of suggestions that may help with making the process a bit quicker:

• If possible, consider setting up a bar code scanner: Bar Code Scanner Recommendations.
  • If you're using a tablet, you can also set up a grid page that allows you to customize a menu of your most frequently sold items: Set Up Your Item Grid on a Tablet. This may help surface the appropriate items without having to search/scroll for each choice.

In addition, I'll be sharing your post with our Point of Sale team and point out that being able to select items from different angles would be helpful for custom orders.

If any other sellers in a similar situation have insight to offer or any other questions come up, please feel free to chime in!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 2