x

Feature Request: Editing shipping costs for online store

I want to edit the cost of shipping on my on-line store but can't seem to do so.  The cost of shipping comes up automically as a set minimum of $15.00.  I would like to lower this for an item I am selling that is relatively small and can fit it a brown envelope and I could ship within canada for $5.00.  How do I do this?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Admin

Hey @atelierwest, welcome to the seller community!

Thanks for surfacing this. It looks like a some sellers brought up a similar request in our US forums. For more information, have a look at Kelly's reply here: Different Shipping options in Online Store?

Hope this make things more clear for now. We'll certainly announce any updates to this request. Please don't hesitate to reach out with any other questions.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 10

how to add additional shipping to item

Message 3 of 10
Alumni

Hi there @ryp - if you're still using the old Online Store, @Tom shared this link about shipping options, which highlights a workaround from @Kelly.

If you've already migrated over to the new, improved Online Store, you'll want to take a peek here where your basic shipping tools are explained. More advanced shipping options are laid out here on this page.

If I wasn't able to get you where you need to be, just let me know what you're looking for!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 10

@Valentina The link you're posting for the original store layout is broken.

Message 5 of 10
Alumni

It sounds like you are continuing to use your existing Square Online Store instead of the updated Square Online Store, powered by Weebly. Please let us know if you have questions about shipping costs within the old online store @vengenza. This was the relevant workaround included in the now-archived link from my last post:

"While it’s not possible to create conditional shipping charges based on rush rates, you can use price points  as a workaround.

Price points: Set your shipping cost at $0.00 and use item variations to create specific price points within each item. Each price point can factor in different shipping costs (e.g., rush, standard). Prior to checkout, when a customer clicks an item with multiple price points, a drop-down menu showing the shipping options will appear."

Valentina
Message 6 of 10

Doing price points is not helpful whatsoever for my store as I sell vintage and weight and size vary for everything. I will be using shopify probably after all this as I am seeing that this platform is lacking in many ways. 

Message 7 of 10

Sorry are there two sites? I signed up for Square online yet you are saying we should have signed up for Weebly? Why have two which is it?

Message 8 of 10
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @Kmbusch2004 - I can step in here and help clarify a bit. Square used to have a proprietary online store service, which I believe Valentina is referring to above. In late 2019, Square acquired Weebly - which now powers our new redesigned Online Store.

I hope that clears up any confusion! Let me know if you have any clarifying questions.

Joe
Message 9 of 10
Beta Member

So, in answer to the first post of this thread,

How i got able to do it is by the weight rule. So i have to ship gift envelop that cost me about 1$ so i didn't wanted to charge the shipping for it. So i made my item weight be 1000 kg, at that weight, the shipping is free.

Kind of a pain to do this. Should be an option that an item should be automatically free shipping if buy alone or with other free shipping items.

SamuelDesgagne1_0-1611856295441.png

What do you think?

Message 10 of 10