x
Alumni

Community Email Notifications

Shortly after we launched the community, I learned that a few of you were not receiving email notifications. Since then, I've been working with our engineering team, and am thrilled to share that, as of this morning, all issues with email notifications have been resolved. Hooray! ๐ŸŽ‰ 

Going forward, you should receive an email notification when someone replies to a thread that you've created or replied to. This is intentional so that you have a heads up once your question has been answered. However, if the notifications are cluttering your inbox, please click here to adjust your subscription settings. Additionally, you can also unsubscribe from threads individually (see screenshot below), or even use your email provider's filtering tools to help keep your inbox clear.

Screen_Shot_2016-06-15_at_3_31_44_PM.png

To further improve the notification experience, we'll be working on a couple of things through out the summer:

1. I'm working with our design team to improve the look of the email notifications that you currently receive. Please let me know if there's a particular improvement that you'd like to see!
  2. We're planning to move your notification alert to the header of the community so that you won't have to click on your profile to see your notifications. That way, once you're logged in, the community will tell you when you have any notifications for replies, badges earned, etc.

Hope these enhancements help you to get the answers you're looking for more quickly! Feel free to request more enhancements to the community, here. ๐Ÿ˜„

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

I did start to get the daily digest emails after figuring these instructions out, but honestly the emails are almost unreadable. This is just a small section of what I received today. First, it doesn't even know who the email is going to.  My name is not ${notification.recipient.login}. If there were paragraphs or some obvious way of distinguishing when one post ends and another begins, that would be very helpful. The Subject and the new post all run together. It's really pointless to even send these out because I don't bother reading them carefully.

Hi ${notification.recipient.login},
You have 14 new subscriptions & activity updates in Square Communities.
Thread: Customer Code - Where is it? (1 Update) Tom posted a new reply on 06-25-2016 03:01 PM https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Questions-How-To/Customer-Code-Where-is-it/m-p/8374#M4586 Subject: Re: Where is customer code found. I'm going crazy trying to find it. Thank you Hey @josieg, it looks like another seller had the same question, and received an answer. Check out the reply from @Kelly and let us know if that helps.  Thread: Contact number to talk with a real person (3 Updates) momlabrant posted a new reply on 06-25-2016 09:42 AMhttps://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Questions-How-To/Contact-number-to-talk-with-a-real-person/m-p/83... Subject: Re: Contact number to talk with a real person What code????? momlabrant posted a new reply on 06-25-2016 09:41 AM https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Questions-How-To/Contact-number-to-talk-with-a-real-person/m-p/83... Subject: Re: Contact number to talk with a real person No please call my phone mumber or cancel this account momlabrant posted a new reply on 06-25-2016 09:39 AMhttps://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Questions-How-To/Contact-number-to-talk-with-a-real-person/m-p/83... Subject: Re: Contact number to talk with a real person Please call D bar L Eenterprizes at ...
Message 2 of 4
Alumni

@VanKalkerFarms, thanks for letting us know the digest email is still sending with incorrect formatting. We're aware of the issue and are working on getting it fixed! Sorry for the messy email in the meantime and thanks for bearing with us while we work on it. 

Message 3 of 4

How do I stop receiving email notifications for the private messages that you are sending me please?

(I.e. I don't want to receive email notifications for private messages from Square community administrators)

Message 4 of 4