x

Feature Request: Print customer's delivery address on receipt for delivery driver

Feature Request: Print customer's delivery address on receipt for delivery driver

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Does square have any good platforms for in house delivery pizza restaurants?

I am trying to get my customer's addresses and phone numbers to print on the receipts as they do at Papa Johns, Pizza Hut, Hungry Howies, and all other pizza shops so my drivers know where to deliver my customer's food. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you and God Bless.

1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Add Delivery Address Onto Receipts For Restaurants..

Hi there @villagepizza 🍕 

I bubbled this thread directly up to the product team responsible for Square Online, so know that your feedback has been noted!

While this is currently considered a feature request, we'll be sure to pop back with an update when we have one.

I've gone ahead and merged some related threads so we can keep interest in this feature all in one place.

I also went ahead and edited the title here so it accurately reflects what the ask is here!

29 Comments

Can someone tell why Sqaure has not made it easier for restuarants who do delivery. Don't get me wrong, I love the system but somethings are just silly. Please Square add onto the receipts the delivery address if the order is delivery. I average about 20 to 40 deliveries per day, and  having to input information more than once is just silly!!!. I do not want move my business overto another service but, a common sense option should be a mandotory for the delivery. Many businesss fall over silly little things, don't be one of them.

I agree!!!  The shipping address and the bill to address are not always the same.  Every other online store has a box to check if billing address is the same as the shipping address.  Come on Square, please help us out.

I can't believe it's been years of this feature being requested and Square has still not managed to provide a simple solution to associate the customer directory with an easily printable phone number and address. If it was a privacy concern, there should be an internal setting for the account's admin to check a disclosure understanding and taking responsibility for the risks associated with the use of this feature, yaddiyaddiyadda. As a POS provider, this is a huge oversight and causes so many problems for delivery businesses.

Admin

@China1 Sorry for the trouble this causes for you. We're still striving to make improvements to our system so that it can be easily used for delivery. We'll make sure to update everyone in the Community if there are any new improvements.

Is there any update on adding customer address to receipts. Given that my sales are now primarily deliveries, I do need the address on the receipts since we contract out our deliveries to an outside company. 

We cannot give the delivery companies access to Square, and I have been using the workaround of putting the address in the Notes via added item "Delivery" for years. However, it doesn't make sense to continue to do this workaround, because it is a huge waste of time, to go back and have to add customer info into customer directory after the sale.

This workaround was acceptable for a couple of years, but it has now been 4 years, and this form answer you are providing  - "thanks for bringing this up. At this time, this functionality isn't available, but I will pass on to the product team" - after 4 years, this response does not sit well with me. The implication in your canned response is that our requests are going into a cue and will be considered and a decision will be made.  

Looking back at all the Square users that have been requesting this feature for so many years, I would like to request that the product team to consider and let us know where they currently stand on the issue. 

If it is a privacy issue, that Square is not going to budge on, then you should let us know, so that we can find another POS/CRM system that works for us. If you need more users to voice their requests before you take action, please let us know.

Thanks in advance for your consideration

Heidi

In the pizza place we do have deliveries so I am trying to figure out if we put the address into the customer details if there is a way to have it show on the kitchen tickets? Or if we still have to write it out on the paper?

Admin

Hey @heididuffey-

Apologies for the delay. I had to check-in with the product teams regarding this feature request. They did mention that it could be a privacy issue to have information such has home addresses on digital and printed receipts. 

My first question is can you verify which delivery apps you're using that require the "address in notes" workaround? I'll be able to give a more concrete update when I know which apps you're integrated with and what solutions we're working towards with those specific apps.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you. 

Super Seller Alumni

@heididuffey Are these in-store or online orders?

With the new Square Online Store and its new Local Delivery feature, it will print the customer's Delivery Address on the Order Ticket.

So if having them as Online Orders is an option - that would be an easy way to do it!

We do not use any delivery apps. There are a couple outside companies that we use to deliver our products to customers. As the product is sold and put in a queue for delivery it needs to have a name + address on it. 

To this point, our sales have been in person. We will have to do some online sales moving forward, but there will always be some sales made from our Square POS machine, and for these sales that will be delivered, we need to give the delivery company a receipt that includes the customer address, and we need to mark the sold furniture with the customer name and address.

Thanks

Heidi 

Alumni

Glad to see you posting @Station16Pizza

Currently, Square hasn't implemented a way to add an address onto an order ticket/ receipt if the order is made using the POS. However, if these orders are placed through the Online Store and remote printing is turned on, the delivery feature allows the address to be visible in the notes section of the order ticket as @pessosices mentioned above. 

Check out @Tom's post to learn more about setting up delivery.