x
Beta Member

Apple Pay Online Store for Pick Ups Orders

Hi,

I’m wondering why is it that Apple Pay/Google Pay is not available for Pickup Orders. Only for Shipping Orders. I began using the Online Store for online ordering at my juice shop recently and it says Apple Pay and Google Pay will be only for shipping orders. Having to fill in the card details is do-able but not ideal or convenient for customers. Why is that?

Also how does the Paypal feature work in this case for checkout? Does it still go through my square account like normal?

Message 1 of 20
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Apple Pay Online Store for Pick Ups Orders

@HectorSed So sorry to keep you waiting for a reply here! At this time Google Pay and Apple Pay is only available on Shipping Orders (for the Weebly-Powered Online Store or if you set up a Weebly Store and added Square as your payment gateway). We're working on adding these payment options to Pick Up Orders and we'll let you know as soon as it's available! 

As for your question about PayPal it might be worth calling Weebly Support directly to see how those funds are deposited to your account. They won't be processed the same way as payments processed by Square - as PayPay is a different card processor. 

2 Best Answers
Admin

Best Answer

Quick update for you @HectorSed Apple Pay and Google Pay can now be used for pickup orders! 🎉

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 20
Admin

Best Answer

@saylorh

Thanks so much for your post, and welcome to the Community.  

If you are having issues with the Gpay or Apple Pay option showing up on your Weebly Online Store, we'd suggest reaching out to our Weebly Support team if you have checked your settings. The payment options should be enabled before your customers will see it as an option.  Store > Setup > Checkout

If this is enabled, give our Weebly team a call

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc

View Best Answer >

Message 8 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Admin

@HectorSed So sorry to keep you waiting for a reply here! At this time Google Pay and Apple Pay is only available on Shipping Orders (for the Weebly-Powered Online Store or if you set up a Weebly Store and added Square as your payment gateway). We're working on adding these payment options to Pick Up Orders and we'll let you know as soon as it's available! 

As for your question about PayPal it might be worth calling Weebly Support directly to see how those funds are deposited to your account. They won't be processed the same way as payments processed by Square - as PayPay is a different card processor. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 2 of 20
Admin

Best Answer

Quick update for you @HectorSed Apple Pay and Google Pay can now be used for pickup orders! 🎉

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 3 of 20
Beta Member

@Helen Thank you so much for the update!! I’m going to check it out. You guys are amazing!

Message 4 of 20
Beta Member

@Helen is it going to automatically be available or do I have to enable it?

Message 5 of 20
Admin

@HectorSed Hmm it should be automatically available - it's possible it's still being rolled out to everyone! In the meantime you could doublecheck you have enabled Accept Apple Pay and Accept Google Pay from the Store > Setup > Checkout

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 6 of 20

@Helen it does not give my customers options for apple pay when checking out doing a pick up order.

Message 7 of 20
Admin

Best Answer

@saylorh

Thanks so much for your post, and welcome to the Community.  

If you are having issues with the Gpay or Apple Pay option showing up on your Weebly Online Store, we'd suggest reaching out to our Weebly Support team if you have checked your settings. The payment options should be enabled before your customers will see it as an option.  Store > Setup > Checkout

If this is enabled, give our Weebly team a call

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 8 of 20
Beta Member

@Helen @kellyj 

Hi,

I believe there has been a misunderstanding between the Weebly team and you guys, but according to the Weebly team it does not work for Pickup Orders. I just got off the phone with them because i still didn’t see it working on my site and they said it is not available for pickup orders and they don’t have an estimated time frame for it either. Either that or the info i got from the rep I talked too is wrong. It’s a real shame. 

Message 9 of 20
Admin

Hi again @HectorSed, I'm so sorry for all the back and forth. Your customers should see the Google/Apple Pay as an option in the slide out shopping cart for pick up orders (it won't appear on the checkout screen itself). I checked in with the Weebly team for you and they've escalated this to their advanced support team - they are going to email you as soon as they can!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 10 of 20
Beta Member

@Helen 

Update!!

For several days now (Maybe a week), the Apple Pay and Google Pay has shown up & functioning on the slide out screen. Now working for pickup orders! Thanks for the help. 

Message 11 of 20
Alumni

Hey there @HectorSed - we're happy to hear this feature is now working properly for you!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 12 of 20

Wondering if anyone else is having an issue with this:

Customers aren't able to select a pickup date/time when using Apple or Google pay. It simply defaults to the soonest available time. Any insight would be appreciated. 

Message 13 of 20

We do cake pre-orders (48 hour notice required). When a customer pays with google or apple pay, it completes their checkout w/o allowing them to select a date and time for their pickup (it automatically defaults to the soonest time). 

We have customers that place a pre-order months in advance (Holiday/Birthday/etc). What would be a work around for this.

Thanks.

Message 14 of 20
Alumni

@reidn - It sounds like your customers are bypassing the change button next to the pick up location within the cart. 

Justin
Message 15 of 20

Hey JustinC, thank you for your response. In the past (up until earlier this week) that option only allowed our customers to change pickup locations (we have multiple stores). They'd need to select a pickup date/time on the next page (only if they didn't use google/apple pay). It now looks like a drop down was added to change the date as well. 

We are all good, this is now solved. Thank you again!

Message 16 of 20
Alumni

@reidn

Sweet! That's good news !! 

Justin
Message 17 of 20

UPDATE: I'm afraid that when square fixed one problem, they created another. I've noticed a lot of updates with this process in the past 14 days and this last one is causing a major problem. 

Photo 1 shows the customers first opportunity to pick out a store for their order. Note the orange shows the NEXT TIME WE ARE OPEN (keep in mind we are currently past the deadline to place an order for that particular date) so this information is misleading to the customer.

Photo 2 shows the next page which is the correct and show the correct NEXT AVAILABLE DATE FOR A PICKUP.

Square has our next open time pulled for photo 1 which does not coincide with the soonest a customer can pickup an order.

This is very, very confusing for our customers and unfortunately we get blamed for the confusion. HELP

The orange text is misleading as the pre-order deadline has passed for the 14th.The orange text is misleading as the pre-order deadline has passed for the 14th.

The 21st is the correct next available pickup date but it is the 2nd thing the customers see.The 21st is the correct next available pickup date but it is the 2nd thing the customers see.

Message 18 of 20
Beta Member

Now the Apple Pay option isn't working for my pickup orders even though I have it turned on in my settings.  It doesn't show when they checkout online. What should I do to fix this?

Message 19 of 20
Square Community Moderator

@aoptoni That sounds super frustrating! Since the option is still not showing up, I would recommend calling Weebly Support so they can take a look at the back end details. 

AshleyK
Message 20 of 20