x

Can I connect two iPads to one Star Micronics Printer using Bluetooth?

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Can I bluetooth two iPads to one Star Micronic Printer?

I'm trying to setup two of my ipads to one bluetooth Star Micronic printer to print our order tickets.  Is this possible?

Message 1 of 15
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @JT318, thanks for bringing this up. At this time, you can only pair a Bluetooth printer to one iPad at a time. If there's any chance you have a supported printer with an Ethernet interface, you can set it up to print order tickets from two iPads.

Find more setup information on Bluetooth devices and Ethernet printers in our Support Center.

I realize this probably isn't the news you wanted to hear. Rest assured that I'll be sharing your experience with our product liaison team who tracks these requests. Please feel free to reply if you have any other questions or concerns!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @JT318, thanks for bringing this up. At this time, you can only pair a Bluetooth printer to one iPad at a time. If there's any chance you have a supported printer with an Ethernet interface, you can set it up to print order tickets from two iPads.

Find more setup information on Bluetooth devices and Ethernet printers in our Support Center.

I realize this probably isn't the news you wanted to hear. Rest assured that I'll be sharing your experience with our product liaison team who tracks these requests. Please feel free to reply if you have any other questions or concerns!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 15

I see this thread is 2 years old has there been an update to allow the possibility of pairing two devices with one printer?

Message 3 of 15

Hello @RicosPizza

Currently this is still a feature request. We don't have any updates on when it might be available. If this is a must have for your business, we recommend using an Ethernet Interface printer. 

Message 4 of 15
Beta Member

can you print from multiple iPads using the wifi pos printer from micronics 

Message 5 of 15
Admin

Hey @ReignOfNJ! This is possible! Check out @EJ's answer on this post. He includes a helpful link on connecting multiple devices to one printer.

I hope this is helpful for you!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 6 of 15

Took your suggestion and read EJ's post but it doesn't answer how to connect multiple iPads to one printer using bluetooth ONLY? Without USB, ethernet, or web-based printing. The Square description of the printer made it sound like this is possible, otherwise we wouldn't have purchased it from Square at all. The raspberry pi suggestion from an earlier post won't solve our problem. We have SIX iPads that need to print from the Square Retail app to ONE Star MC-Print3 bluetooth printer in the kitchen and its need to be able to print from all 6 devices simultaneously via a wireless connection. 

Message 7 of 15

Hi I see this is from 2016 it’s 2022 can I pair 2 iPads to a printer ??

Message 8 of 15

I have the same interest to share the bluetooth printer.

Any update news on the sharing bluetooth printer.

Thank you

Message 9 of 15

I managed to solve this problem by connecting the printer to a raspberry pi then sharing the device over wifi. 

Message 10 of 15
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for jumping in here and adding what worked for you, @rjjones1104! We appreciate you helping out others who may experience the same issue. Way to be! 👏

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 11 of 15
Beta Member

Could you share more details on how the pi is connected please and thanks! Awesome solution

Message 12 of 15

well this sucks you should really say this everywhere before someone spends a grand on printers that are useless now.. i need 3 printers for one squarestand one usb two bluetooth... square is just so hard to deal with most the time.. guess its time to look for a replacement!

Message 13 of 15
Beta Member

Looking for some help. 

I've got two printers needed at my restaurant. ONE for the bar that will receive ALL drink tickets. The other that needs to go to the KITCHEN where the food is being printed out. I can hardwire (USB) each printer to the one that is next to that POS system. Can I at the same time hook the printers up to the "opposite" POS system via bluetooth? That way I can print tickets to "both" printers?

Does that make sense? Will that work? We are looking at using the Star Micronics mC for this purpose. I am working with the square stand and an iOS device.

Please advise.

Message 14 of 15
Alumni

If I'm understanding right, you want a bluetooth printer at the bar and in the kitchen to print order tickets, but want to connect a separate USB printer to the Square Stand for customer receipts, yes? 

@TheKettleKing

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 15 of 15